Marcus_The_Manc

cneedham

Hi All,

Just wanted to make other forum members aware of the potential risk of purchasing items from the forum member: Marcus_The_Manc

I am posting this as I do not beleive the items in question were ever actually posted! I am not going to bad mouth Marcus here, merely present the facts. Below is a complete copy of a communications log from the PayPal dispute process, you may notice that Marcus has not responded to PayPal thus far. I will leave you all to make up your own minds...

Total funds lost £83.03

From Buyer: Christopher Needham on 23/06/2007 16:13 BST

I beleive this has pretty much been covered in previous messages sent as part of the dispute process, but in summary... -Seller claimed items had been sent Royal Mail Standard Parcels. -Seller communicated with through forums concerned and claims to have thrown away proof of postage which I requested. -Agreed with seller to wait until today, Saturday 23rd June to see if items arrived (i.e. postal delay). -Three weeks have passed and parcel has yet to turn up. -Filing claim for non-receipt of items.

From Buyer: Christopher Needham on 23/06/2007 16:07 BST

Dear Marcus, I have still not received the items I paid for, having waited until Saturday as agreed in communications in the forums. I am now escalating this to a CLAIM with Paypal. If the items have been lost in transit then as the seller you can take this up with Royal Mail to recover your losses. Regards ChrisN

From Buyer: Christopher Needham on 23/06/2007 16:04 BST

For Paypal, the following message was received by Marcus via the forum systems on which the transaction took place: Hi Chris, i'm sorry to hear the items have arrived yet ... but as you said if you give it till the end of this week i'm sure they will arrive by then as i have sent them off. Regarding the 'certificate of posting' ... i've thrown it away as i had not heard from you in 10 days so i thought that the parcel had arrived and was in good condition. Give it till saturday if not contact me again and i will make inquires to where the parcel is with royal mail. Marcus

From Buyer: Christopher Needham on 18/06/2007 19:54 BST

Dear Marcus, I purchased a number of items from yourself via ArniesAirsoft Sale forums. You acknowledged receipt of Payment and informed me that the items had been dispatched on 1st June; you specified that the items in question would be sent via Royal Mail 'Standard Parcels'. According to Royal Mails website a parcel of this type should be received within 5-7 working days of postage. Over 10 working days have now passed. On 15th I sent you a message via the forum asking you to provide proof of postage in the form of the 'certificate of posting' which the post office provides automatically for all parcels. Your forum details show you last accessed the site on the 16th June - the next day. Three days have now passed and you have chosen not to acknowledge my messages. When logging into the forum the fact that you have 'new messages' is very prominently displayed in the centre of the screen; so I do not believe for one second you could have missed it. I would have preferred to have resolved this issue outside of the Paypal process, but your lack of a response has forced my hand. I shall now endeavour to get my money back through this process. If you did actually send the parcel you can claim compensation in retrospect through Royal Mail & the Post Office. If the items arrive in due course I will be more than happy to cancel this dispute providing they are exactly as described. Regards Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this problematic forum sale has now finally been resolved.

Items arrived as described eventually, but the package was sent on the 27th June as opposed to the 1st June, which was what I was told by the seller.

I cant help but wonder if Marcus's sudden willingness to co-operate and finally send the items which he claimed to have posted on the 1st came about due to the fact that PayPal were about to take the funds from his account as a result of my claim I filed with them <_<

Having said this I have not recieved any appology or explanation for the delay and the lies about postage. All I recieved was a tracking number from PayPal.

For these reasons I would simply recomend other forum members avoid trading with Marcus in the future. Please feel free to make up your own minds though...afterall its only my suggestion :D

Archived