Time For an AEG

The Thief Lord

Okay, so I've been thinking about getting an AEG because so far I've owned various spring pistols, an EBB, an NBB, and just recently an AEG. Though, the AEG I had purchased bought bought at a Big 5 Sporting Goods Store. I had purchased an Aftermath Lycaon (MP5F, www.aftermathairsoft.com) and it held up for all as much as, hmm, a day. After just one day, the poor thing's selector switch had turned semi auto into full auto, and full was still itself. I decided to return it because after a look on ASF, all of them were lemons. I'm thinking about buying an Echo 1 2007 M4 when it releases on ASGI. The only problem is that IF I ever needed to access to internals, I would NOT know how to do anything. And since there's no airsoft shop or anybody around here into airsoft, I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.

I'm the first of my friends to get into AEG's so i've got noone to ask and the nearest airsoft shop for me is something like 30 miles away.

So I've decided to educate myself with these handy airsoft guides on dvd from airsoftgi --> http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1408

It comes in two volumes and looks to be stuffed full of useful information on every possible subject.

Hope this helps!

Ummmm. Don't worry about it??? Seriously it should be a good long time before your AEG takes a poop on you... Also There is a first time for everything! So when it finally does die just go to <mechbox.com> and watch the video and try and fix it yourself! It will be a good learning experience and you will probably have another gun by then.

Well mate, if something goes wrong, you always have this great forum at your disposal. Plenty of intelligent brains to pick here!

And you can't go wrong with that rifle, or anything Echo1/JG for that matter.

Good luck!

If you just frightened to your wits about a gun breaking and you not having anyone to fix it, I would highly advise you to save and get a TM, then leave it stock. The reliability on it is legendary. My SD5 has never been opened up and the only maintenance I do with it is swab the barrel and it's lasted me 3 and half years and still going...

Archived