Vietcong / NVA Vietnam Guide

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh and how would I go about for having mags for a Vz.61 scorpion be held? Like what pouch? Also could you put into any future great post of yours pics of soldiers or marines in their gear/ VC and VA in their gear to so I could get an idea on what to look like? Thanks dude.

There is NO PROOF at all that the Skorpion was anywhere near Vietnam during the war however they fit in the SKS chest rig OK.

As for making this a sticky - its not exactily difficult to find this info on the net - know of atleast 5 very good websites that have alot more info with primary references as well.

same with the US kit - www.vietnamgear.com has all the info you could possibly need

Not stopping him mate just saying it isn't worth a sticky - while M14 has covered the basics there are a lot better 'Primary' sources available for those who can be bothered to look. There were quite a few inaccuracies in the original post.

• 1 year later...
What is the white bandoleer sorta thing around you?

That's a rice/food satchel. Back in those days, the Vietnamese warrior has limited access to canned rations. S/he is also a rice-eating indigenous. The best way s/he's able to remain fed is to measure a meal/rice intake and store his/her provisions in a home-made satchel. Each knot delineates a meal (or two).

Looks good, but I'm not sure about the AIMS. ircc, the VC/NLF made sandals out of old tyres and they probably would have been less "fancy" than what you've got on.

Those critiques aside, your photos are awesome! Excellent update!

Looks good, but I'm not sure about the AIMS. ircc, the VC/NLF made sandals out of old tyres and they probably would have been less "fancy" than what you've got on.

Those critiques aside, your photos are awesome! Excellent update!

Thanks man...

I did try hiding the AIMS. :) planning on re-shooting once I get a decent AK47 (and a not so decent pair of tyre sandals). LOL.

Excellent! It's good to see our progressive allies still waging the war against the reactionary and imperialist capitalist forces!

On a slightly more serious not, loving the loadout. I've got most of the bits myself looking at it - I picked up a conical hat in Hong Kong, i've got black pajamas and a chest rig and my AKMS shpuld stand in nicely.

-Matt

BTW Have the new sofmilitary.co.uk catalogue and there is a much better selection of Chicom stuff in it

NVA Bush hats, Sun hat/helmet for £15

Rucksack for £20

SKS (£20( and AK (£25) chest rigs

as well as NVA uniform (shirt trouserts and cap) for £60

Archived