Vietcong / NVA Vietnam Guide

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Found these on a quick ebay search. Can't comment on authenticity, but it just shows you that these things are floating around out there.

And another.

And yet another... these things are all over the place.

Nice find, Gigueand! I'll be on the prowl for a size 7.5 or 8, US. I've small, VC feet. hahaha.

Here are some gear I've recently purchased (incoming within the week).

Equipment

- Water canteen (with web carrier)

- NVA Rucksak

- VC boonie

Weapons

- RS Type 56

- RPG-7 (nerf rocket/compressed air)

Now if we can only get more VN re-enactment airsoft events here in the midwest, I'd be good-to-go!

Many thanks to those who'd stepped up to offer their advices/links!

Hanzo, out.

hanzo, most excellent photos and kit. the easiest place to get tire sandals is at sampan.com. i'm surprised someone hasn't alreayd mentioned it or if they did, i skipped over it lol. one of my teammates has a pair and says they are the most uncomfortable things to acutally play in. but for photo ops they are totally legit.

i'll assume you know that best of the worst II nam event in IL is this weekend, right?

• 3 months later...

Looking good! Inspiration for us as we're getting a V.C unit together at the moment.

Any give me an idea how much French kit I can use as V.C?

I've got originals of belts,waterbottles mat49 ammo pouches etc. Was much of the French kit used?

Also does anyone know if the AGM MP40 mags will fit okay in the ChiCom chest rigs? Would they close up as well?

Cheers.

I`m reasonably sure the belt and mag pouches would be fine, don`t think I`ve seen pics of VC wearing a french water bottle though, but who knows....

MP40 mags should fit in the chestrig pouches.

Pic of my local VC gear, the sandals are modern and the yellow is hidden once they`re being worn, and they`re surprisingly comfy to run around in as the sole is quite wide. I`ve since got hold of a VC bush hat and made a jungle factory shoulder bag instead of the buttpack.

picture002small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having trouble trying to find any black pyjama like clothes for a VC impression, I would have thought it to be easier but after alot of searching I've still found nothing. I've heard somone say about tesco's, but they don't have anything and sampan imports stuff is pricey. Any decent sources for the pyjamas or atleast something similar?

Thanks

Any give me an idea how much French kit I can use as V.C?

I've got originals of belts,waterbottles mat49 ammo pouches etc. Was much of the French kit used?

Really, I think you could justify a pretty good deal of French kit. VC weren't issued gear, so whatever they could get their hands on made up their combat gear. The French were not too careful about what they left behind when they left Vietnam, so it's conceivable that VC would have snagged a good amount of it.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been having trouble trying to find any black pyjama like clothes for a VC impression, I would have thought it to be easier but after alot of searching I've still found nothing. I've heard somone say about tesco's, but they don't have anything and sampan imports stuff is pricey. Any decent sources for the pyjamas or atleast something similar?

Thanks

I've used black BDUs. They look pretty good from afar and have additional pockets. If the collar bothers you, you can fold it under or convert it to a mandarin collar (google it).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Looks perfect Hanzo.

For the sake of correctness i think it would have been highly unlikely to see a VC using a AK47 but seeing as how airsoft choices are limited that is basically the only option.

Been looking for something to stuff into my rice tube. I swear i have seen something that resembles plastic rice used for packing but i wonder if i did real rice and threw in a bunch of the moisture packets if it would hold up for a weekend long event. My bamboo bowl and chopsticks are lonely lol.

A few NVA from the event this past weekend

b24023b4.jpg

azul, i have had real rice in my ricetube for the better part of a year now. as long as it stays dry and out of overly humid areas for extended periods of time, that rice can last a long long time.

hanzo, great pics but i would lay off the tacticool poses. things like AK held at tact-ready to shoulder and trigger finger discipline just screams modern.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I'll try it because right now, that thing would fall off of my head before I even got on the field <_<

Punch one hole on either side and run a piece of para cord from each side. it works great and does not look weird forr the impression.

Archived