CYMA Thompson M1A1 AEG

If I used thumbnails, people would be complaining that they'd have to click.

Maybe consider using 800x600 resized images for the thread and have larger (1600x1200+) images available by clicking on the images. If you have Photoshop, it's really easy to make a script to import images off your camera and have PS resize and compress your photos.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great review :)

Mine arrived from RSOV last thursday

very impressed and happy with it as compared to my TM version I found only 2 faults that were dissapointing.

1 The paint finish on the gun was (to my eyes) poor, far to matt. This finish makes it look like a toy. However i got my 'T cut' car colour restorer and my car polish on it and it now looks far better. :D

2 I bought a wood kit for my TM from RSOV at the same time.

The wood kit fitted the TM almost perfectly (a hole need to be drilled out a little). With the Cyma there is a difference. The screw which holds the front grip in position on the TM is on a slant and the wood kits hole is on an identical slant. However on the Cyma there is a vertical hole so a wood kit would probably fit the rest of the gun fine but the front grip would need a careful bit of drilling and possibly the use of a washer.

My gun chrono'ed at between 322fps and 331fps so very happy. ;)

Only other difference is that lack of trades but with the TM costing me £180 inc postage and duty from WGC shop 2 years ago and the CYMA being just under the £100 mark from RSOV, i can live with that for a gun that can be chucked around on the skirmish field.

Oh and as ever chuck the battery away.

bye

Hi there

I have tried the Marui Standard, High and Mid cap in it. all work well.

In fact apart from the cyma mag being plastic and creating a wierd gap at the top where it hits the reciver, id say that the Cyma ones rock considering that Keith at RSOV is selling em for 10.99 a pair (ordered 4 i have).

When those arrive my rigger pauches and Sten gun mag pouch (of ebay) will be full of low caps.

So Now i have to wait for the next big WW2 event

then die Nazi pigdogs

Unless i decide to go with the Agm MP40, then die allied scum

sigh so many (or mayb too many but how can i help myself when China ones are sooooooo cheeeep), guns so little time

yay

:gun2::gun2:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there

I have tried the Marui Standard, High and Mid cap in it.  all work well.

In fact apart from the cyma mag being plastic and creating a wierd gap at the top where it hits the reciver, id say that the Cyma ones rock considering that Keith at RSOV is selling em for 10.99 a pair (ordered 4 i have).

When those arrive my rigger pauches and Sten gun mag pouch (of ebay) will be full of low caps.

So Now i have to wait for the next big WW2 event

then die Nazi pigdogs

Unless i decide to go with the Agm MP40, then die allied scum

sigh so many (or mayb too many but how can i help myself when China ones are sooooooo cheeeep), guns so little time

yay

:gun2:  :gun2:

M1A1 sheet steel 420 rds wind-up mags is available at www.rsovc.om now !! :D

keith

• 3 weeks later...
Any chance this thing can take a 9.6v stock? are the steel gears that good? Or is the rof off of a 8.4v, quality, battery good enough? Thanks.

It'll take a 9.6v stock as well as a TM will - the bushings will probably die (like a TM) but the gears, motor and piston are fine.

I got my CYMA M1A1 + wood kit + shipping from boom Arms for only $210. That is prety good. The wood kit is great, except for the pistol grip. The gun was only $88. It made it through U.S. customs without an orange tip, Boom Arms ignored my request, and now is mine.

The magazine works great, the battery not so much. I need to pick up some more mags from RSOV or gunners and a new battery to power my new baby.

Edited by UMGuy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you DarkLite. A friend of mine wanted me to make a VN loadout for specific area games, and I always wanted a Thompson. I just got mine from UNCompany. Took one week from order to delivery. AEG and 1 hicap for $165 shipped. The knock off hicap is metal (I'm indoors, so I really can't spray a whole mag). I did chrono mine tho. With the hop-up completely off I fired 10 shots and I got readings from 360-365. I'm pretty impressed with the consistency.

The AEG came a little beat up. No bbs in the box, but bb indentions all over the styrofoam (must have broken open). The scuffs here and there looks like the customs guys passed it around :) There's tape on every edge that says:

FOR US CUSTOMS INSPECTION

Opened and Resealed

Mine did have an orange tip. The box lid is turned inside out for shipping. There's a yellow sticker on the box that reads:

THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR MAINLAND

CHINA MARKER ONLY

SALES IN HONG KONG, MACAU, AND OUTSIDE

CHINA ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED

I guess that doesn't apply to the US :)

Overall, unskirmished, I'm really happy. A cheap Thompson that seems to be built pretty well. Again, DarkLite, thanks for the inspiring review.

• 2 weeks later...

Darklite Thank you for the review, because of you I am now several hundreds of USD less then I had before, I got the gun today took it out and shot it and with no hop I was getting a very very nice range. The hicaps, as you said feed flawlessly and to top it all off one of them came with a hicap w/ dent to add character! :D