Armed Forces Co. and a few bits

MooCow

I’m surprised nobody has done this yet. Armed Forces co. that’s located in Kwong Wa Street in HK. Most of you know of this place pretty well but not of the shop.

shop1a.jpg

The company was established back in ’88 while most of us haven’t even heard of airsoft at the time let alone what it was. The main reason why most of you guys would not have heard about this shop is because of the lack of English website. They’ve only recently created an English version of their website and prior to their English website being launched, the only way to get hold of anything from them was to get someone local to contact them for you or you were already a previous contact known to the company. Having said that, the website is only at its first few stages. No doubt we’ll see it develop in the future. So at the moment, don’t expect to see the world’s best website design there when you go visit www.guns.com.hk for the Chinese version and www.armedforces.hk for the English one.

The staff there are very friendly and doesnt make you feel like you're wasting their time compared to other walk-in stores in KWS today. The majority of the airsoft shops have staff that has basic grasp of the English language and AFC is no exception. Their customer service is unlike most shops out there. There are 2 main advantages with AFC over their competitors that are

1. Prices are open on display

2. There is an open display cabinet

In HK being able to freely handle some of the display items and see the price tag on the gun/product itself without isnt common. Being airsofters or collectors or just someone that's recently taken up interest in airsoft in general, it's always better to see if you really like the feel of the gun and being able to actually examine it instead of standing there looking at the gun behind the glass thinking 'hey that's the gun i saw on the website'

Personally speaking that's not much difference than browsing online. maybe just a little more hi definition than just sitting at home staring at the screen.

I have noticed that AFC doesn’t only cater for end users like the majority of the shops do. They also support small time businesses that may not be able to afford to stock items from manufacturers or other distributors. If you are a small business looking for a possible new supplier, please email AFC on info@ armedforces. hk or alternatively, contact them via the fax/phone numbers shown on their contact us page on their website.

They have a few products that would like to be introduced.

Firstly, the AFC gas blowback AK.

They claim to be the first company to produce a gas conversion for full sized AEGs.

Basing their conversion over the VFC AK models, they gut out the internals to house in their custom built gas blowback mechanisms. They've also spent a considerable amount of time trying different material to make the most durable and skirmishable GBB rifle. (different material used for the bolt, nozzle etc so it's not too heavy and sluggish when cycling, durable Orings that arent too rubbery or brittle) from chatting to the guys at AFC, they've even managed to work out by trial and error, the chinese Orings tend to be brittle and japanese Orings are a bit more elastic but isnt durable. In the end they've managed to work out the German Orings are the most suitable for this gun in terms of reliability and durability.

on the display model (and the one used in the video that i will link in the near future, thanks to Misfit for the webspace and hosting it for me. the link will be up very soon... promise :) ) is the AK SU version, shoots 450+fps using .20g ammo on red gas (possibly close to 500fps in warmer weather.

Since these are only made to the order so it can take in the region from 1-2months to get it from their workshop to your door (dependant on which VFC AK you choose from and the availability of the VFC models in HK)

now this is all words you say, what about pics?

yes i remembered to take a few pics too :)

the bolt mechanism, open and closed. the BB is placed there for reference.

afcak01.jpg

another view:

afcak03.jpg

mag and gun:

afcak02.jpg

bottom of the mag, showing gas fill valve:

afcakmag.jpg

the gun without the top receiver cover. and can still function like the real thing without the cover.

aktop.jpg

next up is their WE P14.

p14box.jpg

yes it runs on Co2, yes it's full metal, yes it can come in full trade at the same price as the one with no trades (if your country's legislation(s) require it) and what's so special about this? it may be the first skirmishable Co2 pistol that can also take normal P14 mags. the design of this mag has a similar design to the paintball gun's low pressure chamber that stores the expanded Co2 in a seperate chamber to the actual capsule at a much lower pressure.

p14box02.jpg

p1401.jpg

p1402.jpg

chronoing at 291fps (also in the video to be uploaded soon) on .25g ammo with a fresh Co2 capsule

and using Arnie's very on fps calculator here it says it's at .98J which is equal to 325-326fps on .20g making it safe for most skirmish sites but the pistol remains full metal and gives a very satisfying recoil to the user from the power of the Co2 used.

i'm sure i've missed out some info here about these products. any questions i'll try my best to answer it as every now and then i'll have a chat with the AFC guys there.

Renalan: yes i agree with the above comment too. the prices are VERY reasonable and you're easilly able to get deals from them if you spend like i do lol which is always a bonus.

the cost of the gun (the SU version) (conversion and mods) is around 1.5k usd on today's rates. which is just a little over 766gbp

as for the kit itself...

1.15k usd or 576 GBP

the post will be on top. and i'd jus like to say those guys only make these guns to the order. so it wont be shipped as quick as a ready made AEG.

edit:

those of you that are serious on getting one of these, PM me and i'll see if i can sort something out for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm...looks very similar to old JAC GBB design...

that uses co2 and was run externally and had it's own low pressure chamber inside the gun?

i disagree :P

reason being that the mag houses it's own gas, directly fed into the blow back chamber like an oversized gas blow back gun... therefore saving alot of space and for some reason, using red gas still gives more recoil than the co2 JAC guns i've had my hands on not too long ago... definately a kick/shove rather than just an exaggerated time crisis shake on the JAC stuff.

any other comments about that gun there hhsohn?

Urban Ninja: The JAC GBB models are different animals to the plethora of BV-system rifles I've seen in Hong Kong. The BV system indeed shakes a little if any better than an AEG. I haven't seen the JAC GBB model, but I've been told it's much better, by people who have tried both.

The AKSU is nice, but I have to disagree about the level of service at the shop. It took me a very long time to get a hold of anyone to open up the cabinets, and I wasn't even asking any questions: I knew what I wanted and had the cash almost out of the wallet. In this sense they were even harder than DEN, although at the latter it really depends who's in the shop at the moment.

Another time when I went to Armed Forces, I spent quite a long time in there and this time I simply walked out, even though I ended up paying a few bucks more for the accessories elsewhere. I put a price tag on my money as well, and would rather not stand around shop being invisible to the staff. And it's not like I'm expecting the kind of service you get in clothing shops here, with the staff following you around like a shark as soon as you step in and they say: "Hello welcome! How may I help you?"

But I may have to go back to see if it's any better now. And I want to see the AKSU. :)

-Sale

True - I dunno if it's just the Gwailo Zone in effect, but I find that unless I know the shopkeep, getting any help or service in most airsoft shops in HK is a ###### and a half.

DL: Hello, I'd like an HFC M109 mag please. Here's $180.

SA: *Gives Gwailo Stare*

DL: Excuse me. I'd like to supplement your meagre wages with a purchase.

SA: Chiiiiu. *looks at other sales assistant* Lee gor Gwailo yiu lei.

DL: Lei yiu im yiu or dee cheen?

SA: Lei sik gong jung mun?

DL: Sik gong. But-guor, wo im-yiu bei lei or dee cheen, f**kbag. *leaves*

any other comments about that gun there hhsohn?

Why yes. It's fairly obvious that you've never seen a JAC M16 GBB series and you are mistaking the BV versions for the rare and late GBB series.

It used HFC134a in a gas tank in the mag, had a brass first generation blowback chamber in the gun, and had the sharpest, but low magnitude recoil.

Which as matter of a fact, sounds exactly like what you described, let alone those photos of mags and chamber look very similar to one.

Would you like any other comments of similarity?

sale: shame you experienced it like that with some of the shops there like that :( no idea why but i've had pretty good experience at AFC but otoh i've had some pretty pants experience in other stores in KWS too.

sale/DL: possibly on the gweilo effect at armed forces. that i cant comment on as im not exactly one myself but FC has managed to get pretty close with AFC somehow too. but then again he's been in the trade for quite some time so that might be the reason.

(lol @ DL's canto. i know exactly what you mean)

DL: do you know how long FC's been shopping at AFC for now?

hhsohn: in that case i must have mistaken it for another version as you've said i'll take that as a reminder to make sure i've got my facts right first before posting it.

sale: shame you experienced it like that with some of the shops there like that :( no idea why but i've had pretty good experience at AFC but otoh i've had some pretty pants experience in other stores in KWS too.

sale/DL: possibly on the gweilo effect at armed forces. that i cant comment on as im not exactly one myself but FC has managed to get pretty close with AFC somehow too. but then again he's been in the trade for quite some time so that might be the reason.

(lol @ DL's canto. i know exactly what you mean)

DL: do you know how long FC's been shopping at AFC for now?

FC has no problems cos he buys in rediculous amounts of bulk and ships them straight off, thus negating his gwai-ness with large sums of cash.

And it IS the Gwailo Effect. Hong Kong is very, very racist.

Archived