adding range to maruzen m870

newbkiller

so I got a maruzen m870 today. while I love shooting it, it lacks in range with more than one bb loaded in each shell. even with one bb, it's not got the greatest range either.

to fix this problem, I first though, 'tightbore!' nope, will not work as common tightbores are just too big of an outer diameter. now I'm thinking, 'hop-up'. I'm still brainstorming ideas like a modified bucking with a hop system similar to that of the maruzen ca870 or a simpler, no-adjustable o-ring.

so, I'm calling all m870 owners, lets give our precious shotgun's some range! give me ideas and suggestions.

so I got a maruzen m870 today. while I love shooting it, it lacks in range with more than one bb loaded in each shell. even with one bb, it's not got the greatest range either.

to fix this problem, I first though, 'tightbore!' nope, will not work as common tightbores are just too big of an outer diameter. now I'm thinking, 'hop-up'. I'm still brainstorming ideas like a modified bucking with a hop system similar to that of the maruzen ca870 or a simpler, no-adjustable o-ring.

so, I'm calling all m870 owners, lets give our precious shotgun's some range! give me ideas and suggestions.

you're late for this idea.. someone else did it.. it was - you won't guess that - maruzen :D

no seriously, just take off the outer barrel and then check the inner barrel. there's a fixed hopup installed. there's not enough space for a variable unless you do some serious custom work. you could just tinker with the position of the rubber and the alignment of the inner barrel, as well as changing the material of the hopup-rubber

cheers, alex

I've never compared my barrels on my m1100 & 870 to AEG barrels. .. but if OD is the only issue here. . the AEG can be easily turned down (lathe) to match the diameter of the Maruzen barrel. .

and of course. .gotta match the barrel fitting to the Maruzen as well.. .

then there's building LRBs for it. . ooohh. . that would be nice!

Archived