Transformers Production Photos

They're creating the guns out of mass that already exists.

And, just as they shouldn't be able to create/destroy matter to become a handgun, they shouldn't be able to create/matter to create a trailer. However, it's possible to create a trailer from the matter that makes up the vehicle at the cost of the vehicle and trailer's structural integrity.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Optimus Prime (or any of the other transformers) doesn't whip a trailer (or gun) out of nowhere in the movie.

EDIT: Oh, for that comeback thing... well. I'm not sure what you're smoking. I'd ask you to send some, but I wouldn't want you to be arrested by your police. Except for purposes of hilarity, of course.

Edited by Jagdraben
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagdraben doesnt seem to understand the term Science Fiction. if they can travel faster than light they can condence unlimited ammounts of mass into very tiny objects without making it heavy, ok, maybe, just maybe, the rest of them is there, but out of phase with the rest of the universe, therefore, it has no mass or weight, while still being attached to the small item (kinda like a reverse TARDIS)

Am I the only one mildly disturbed by the fact that people are having a heated debate over Transformers being able to shrink?

It's not true, for Pete's sake. It's a children's cartoon from the eighties. Next you'll be arguing how Liono's sword could extend or where Battlecat got the steroid-esque muscles from in the blink of an eye.

So why can't they use the same process with their own body mass? I realise I've already asked this question, but you shot right past it in your attempt to prove me wrong.

:zorro:

Helpful hint: Turning mass into nothing is not the same as turning mass from one something to an equal volume of another something.

Jagdraben doesnt seem to understand the term Science Fiction. if they can travel faster than light they can condence unlimited ammounts of mass into very tiny objects without making it heavy, ok, maybe, just maybe, the rest of them is there, but out of phase with the rest of the universe, therefore, it has no mass or weight, while still being attached to the small item (kinda like a reverse TARDIS)

No, I understand it perfectly. In no serious science-fiction (or even science-fantasy!) is matter created or destroyed.

Which brings me back to: how come people can accept all the other inherent lunacy of the Transformers concept but one? It's like saying that Batman is great, but the batarangs are stupid.

Because he is and they are. FACT.

:pirate:®

Edited by Jagdraben

Bottom line: The current trend in media is to maintain a viewer's suspension of disbelief by minimizing the elements that the creative folk in charge of said media deem too unbelievable. In this case, it includes the ability of a Transformer to alter his/her size radically from a 20' tall 70 ton robot robot to a 25' long 70 ton tank to a handgun 8.5" long, 1.5" wide, and weighing less than two pounds.

Helpful hint: read what I've posted.

Marlowe: I don't see you having a go at Christians about their religion.

:zorro:™

Oh I don't know, compared to most eighties cartoons the Bible looks positively like a documentary.

At least Jesus didn't grow into a SU-37 to escape the Cross, and fly away...

It's not true, for Pete's sake. It's a children's cartoon from the eighties. Next you'll be arguing how Liono's sword could extend or where Battlecat got the steroid-esque muscles from in the blink of an eye.

your argument is based on False Logic, Both He-Man, and Thundercats, are set on worlds not bound by the laws of our physics, and where Magic is a reality (infact iirc, He-Man came to earth through an interdimentional porthole in one episode and couldnt use his power for long as he only had the magic he brought with him)

At least Jesus didn't grow into a SU-37 to escape the Cross, and fly away...

And that's why I chose Transformers over Christianity. That and it contains less self-contradiction (and anyone familiar with the three origins of the Constructicons will realise just how much I'm slamming Christianity with that statement ;) )

Bottom line: The current trend in media is to maintain a viewer's suspension of disbelief by minimizing the elements that the creative folk in charge of said media deem too unbelievable. In this case, it includes the ability of a Transformer to alter his/her size radically from a 20' tall 70 ton robot robot to a 25' long 70 ton tank to a handgun 8.5" long, 1.5" wide, and weighing less than two pounds.

and the TARDIS in the massivly popular Dr Who which i belive had a scientific explanation for it being huge inside and tiny outside, that was something along the lines of the inside doesnt exist in our reality anymore, so it can be as big or small as i choose... could this gun not be like that???? it would only take what, a millimeter cube ot the plastic to be hollow and like a tardis and sod a tank, you could hide a tank squadron in there.

Jag, please actually take time to read the counterarguments if you are going to continue in this debate

Am I the only one mildly disturbed by the fact that people are having a heated debate over Transformers being able to shrink?

You are not alone....

Kinda sad,...............and funny!

I'm sorry I brought it up :unsure:

Seriously, how old are you people?

and when exactly are you going to move out of your parents house?

i am the parent, i cant move out of my own home... id be homeless.....

at least we are having a sensible debate. your just whining about stuff you dont care about for the sake of your post count.

Leave NOW and NEVER come BACK!!!!

18, and next year, when i go to halls.

What? we arn't allowed a hobby/interest?

"omg, you dress as a soldier and run arround with plastic guns? Seriously, how old are you people?

and when exactly are you going to move out of your parents house?" ;)

Everyone has hobbies or stuff they like and its a bit rubbish to judge them by it...

at least we are having a sensible debate. your just whining about stuff you dont care about for the sake of your post count.

Oh yes, I am the one in this thread that cares about a post count :rolleyes:

Things I care about (in order of importance)

Family

Health

Hot Rods

Air conditioning

Airsoft

This thread

My post count

By all means mock away :)