well, i ordered a utg m324 from d53 last week, and i got it two days ago. now, i have done quite a bit of reading up on this rifle as about two years ago i was thinking about buying one for my primary weapon. after the reviews though i decided to save my pennies and buy a used g-spec for as little as possable. well, it has been quite some time since then and i have been slowly upgrading my g-spec, and am extremely please with its performance (for those who saw my post about it's lack in range, i managed to fix that up. it can now hit 250ft easilly, and can hit a 2X2" target at 120ft)

anyway, that is just to show you that i am not a noob to airsoft or sniping, and if you read my stuff on the vsr and sniper threads you will see that i am no novice. i am telling you this because it ties into what i am about to say.

when i oppened the box and took out the rifle i emmidiately noticed the complete lack of quality of the utg. i was, however expecting this. now, i have read everywhere that the m324 should shoot about 300fps out of the box. so i assembled it (yes, i put the screws in the rite order) loaded it up, pointed it at a piece of drywall, and fired. poof, nothing came out. i looked it over and realised that a bb was jammed in the hopup unit. i cleared it out with the jam rod, and then cleaned out the barrel quite thoroughly aswell.

with the second shot the bb DID make it out of the barrel, but did not even put a mark in the drywall. now, my little brothers spring pistol that shoots .12's can make a slight imprint on unpainted drywall. just in case though i tested it on a paper cup, not even a dent.

ok, i was starting to get pretty woried. so took it outside loaded it up with 6 marui .30's and fired it at a target 50ft away. the bb went up a bit, and then hit the target on the way down. checked the hop, it was set to minimum. just for kicks i fired it out to 100ft (i have an area marked off every 50ft out to 300ft) the bb made it to about 60ft before it hit the ground. aiming up REALLY high i got it to go to 80ft. not only that, but it took the bb a good couple of seconds (litterally) to reach the 80ft mark. so to be honest i am pretty impressed with the hopup on this rifle. it is able to keep a bb that cannot be shooting more than 230fps out to 80ft.

well, i took it inside and unloaded the leftover rounds, no sense in waisting them any more than i just did.

i called up d53 quite a few times before someone finally picked up. the guy who picked up was nice, and he said that their customer service representative would call me back in 20min when he got back from lunch. well, i waited about 45 min and then called them again. the customer service guy picked up (can't remember his name, but i will find out) at first he told me that there was nothing wrong with the rifle, and that he had tested it before he sent it out. i asked him how far he shot it, he said 20yrds. i asked him how long it took the bb to get there. he hesitated and then admitted that it took a couple of seconds for it to get there.

i would rather be able to fix it than return it because shipping back and forth is a hassle, and will probably take a long while. seeing as i need the rifle within a couple of weeks since i want to take it to cali to lend out so that i can play airsoft with some of my freinds there and they need another sniper.

so i asked this guy who i could talk to for help in just fixing it, he said there technical assistance guy, drew, would be there tomorrow (which is now today). i called them today and drew picked up. he told me the same story the first guy did, "well, we are not responsable for the manufacturers specs, and if you did research you will know that the utg m324 is not a good rifle." well, i explained to him that i did quite a bit of research since i never buy anything withought looking into it a LOT. i would especially not spend $85 without seriously looking into it cause i do not have a lot of money. he insisted that the utg is not supposed to shoot any better than that, and that it must be my fault since they test fired it befotre it left the shop.

well, my question is this: how is it that these guys did not notice there was something wrong with this rifle? the first guy, who is the one who shot it, even admitted that it took a while for the bb to reach the target, so why did they send it then?!

now they are giving me a hard time about it. i was told that the customer service guy will be in in an hour. i will call them back then and see what they say.

the guts of what i am tryingto say is that d53 used to be a very good retailer. i have never had any problems with them. now though, they are begining to remind me quite a bit of evike. i hope they do not keep going on this route, or it will be another good retailer that will be a risk to buy from.

anyway, like i said before, i will call them back later today and post how it goes.

ok, so i called up d53 (same guys i talked to before, they were much nicer this time) and they said that i should send it in and they will give me a refund. they claim that it takes about 3 days for them to process it after receiving the item. anyway, i will be sending it back monday... so, we'll see what happens. i really hope this goes well because d53 is normally very good and i would like to continue buying from them.

Edited by scithe

true, but the guy was rite about how long it took for the bb to reach its target. plus he seemed to remember shooting it pretty well... i think he just didn't really pay much attention when he shot it... maybe anyway. who knows :P

I don't know man, I know a few of the guys from D53 personally and they are all stand-up dudes. In fact I just played airsoft with Travis on Saturday. I wouldn't go putting them in the same boat with Evike until you get your issue resolved. It's easy to get mad when you have to return something or feel you made a bad purchase but if they said they tested the gun, they most-likely did. We've all had very good experiences with them and gave them high marks on our airsoft radio show ( www.deadrag.com ) :D

well, i agree full heartedly, i have had nothing but good experiences with evike in the past.... at the same time though, there is no way that this thing should be firing at such an insanely low velocity. anyway, i have not yet had a chance to ship it out, i forgot that tuesday was a fast day, so i could not do it then, and today is the fourth, hopefully tomorrow then :P

yes... i know i bought a cheapo gun, that was the idea. but i did a LOT of research on it to make sure that it could be used at all. some shots would go straight up and to the left or rite, and some shots would go straight. but it was completely inconsistent, and the velocity was much lower than it should have been.

anyway, it doesnt matter. i sent the gun back and am waiting for a response from d53.