CA249 box magazines

rwham

The gun itself works fine...

About what Red1 said about the mags not the weapon.

You can pick up the G&P cloth mags in asia, like UN, or Redwolf, or WGC. Try looking at AEX as well, or ASGI. I've only seen them though don't know about functionality.

Well, I have now fixed one of the mags, but it is still not feeding right (it shoots a couple, then stops feeding bbs into the chamber completely). I am keeping the mags completely wound.

Is this a problem with the gun? If so, what, and what can I do about it?

when the CA boxmags misfeed or doesnt feed its usually one of three things:

- misalignement on the mag port on the receiver

- the spring has come off the center axle

- a bb is lodged down beside the motor (caused by pouring bbs into the wrong compartment)

sounds to me like you may have a misalignment in the receiver - check the hopup chamber and make sure it's hole is aligning with the mag's port. if not, adjust hte port - there are two allen bolts on the port that when loosened allow you to move it abit. IF this is it no boxmag will work reliably until you align it.

As far as boxmags I have had the CA hardside, and the MAG softpouch.

The CA is the best, imo. Mine, I have two, get thorough maintenance. Oil them, check the springs occasionally, make sure everthing is aligned, and they'll run forever. They also feed faster than any other boxmag on the market for the CA M249. I've confirmed this personally.

Again- clean them, oil them, check the spring (it comes off the center spindle occasionally or breaks from wear/fatigue but there's plenty of feed to rethread it), and the are unbeatable. Mine are over 500,000 rounds old and still going.

The motor in them is 2x the size of other boxmags and the hardside case means you can drop the gun on them or use them as makeshift bipods and they still keep on rocking. Do that with any of the softsides (with their thin walled plastic walls) and they're on their deathbed. The CA hardsided boxmag's vertical ferris wheel pickup design is better than a horizontal carousel design as found in the softsides, and the spring in the hardsides has such a high wind count that it can be wound to prefeed an obscene amount.

Thats my opinion - your mileage may very.

Archived