CA249 feeding problem

rwham

Either my box mag, or my CA M249 is not feeding properly. What is basically happening is this:

When I wind the mag the bbs come straight to the top of the bb stopper. When I put the mag adapter in, it clicks into place perfectly. I then proceed to shoot it and it works fine for 2-10 shots. Then, it suddenly stops firing any bbs, even after winding the mag more, winding while shooting, removing the mag and reinserting, etc. until I take all bbs out of the mag and reload, and repeat the process.

I checked the feeding tube area, the mag adapter, the coil spring, the feeding tube itself and pretty much everything else I could think of, but nothing seems to be blocking it.

I am really beginning to fear that this a internal problem with the gun.

it is much more likely its a problem with the boxmag, as quite frankly they are total ######.

i took mine totally apart, and found that a lot of the time the cogs to wind the mech wern't meshing properly. couldnt do anythign to fix it though. the casing bends in a weird shape, as does the actual mag. short story is, they aren't designed very at all.

stick an m16 mag, and i bet it fires all the rounds perfectly. if it does, you know its a mag problem, if it doesnt its probably a gun problem.

i wouldnt be so sure. hilslam has a MAG mag i think, and as far as i can remember, hes not impressed. find the ca249 initial impressions thread in general discussion, it shoudl be too far form the top. lots of...discussion in there.

as far as i can see, there aren't any real decent options for boxmags.

Archived