Spetsnaz Fire Selector

futbolpunk

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums and this is my first post. I am a moderator on 6mmStop (hobbyasia.com's forums), but this is my first time here.

I saw this problem in a very old thread, but it was never fully answered.

I have a TM AK Spetsnaz, and my fire selector is more offen than not unresponsive. The alignment seems to be ALL wrong, but I refuse to risk ruining my gun by tearing it apart and then not being able to put it back together ( :( ).

Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it? If anymore information about the problem is needed, please let me know specifically what it is so I can help you help me.

THANKS!

I'm not sure. It's not just that the notches don't line up though, because the spot that works on auto for a minute or two will be saftey later, and semi at another time! Usually it's pretty cosistant of saftey all the way up and semi all the way down. Everything in the middle is always changing.

I'm sure you can see how frustrating this is. To be in the heat of a battle and not being able to shoot on auto is incredibly aggrivating.

Also, I tried get to the fire selector plate, but I couldn't find where all the screws are that I need to remove. I know of the 4 on the bottom and the 4 that hold on the trigger guard (not sure if those need to come off or not), but taking those off didn't let me access anything. There are some on top somewhere, right?

Does anyone know of any guides for solving this problem, or to strip it down to the fire selector?

I just don't know how to get to the fire selector, since I have never taken my gun down to the gearbox before. Could someone take a picture showing where the upper screws that need to be removed are located, please?

Thanks for everyone's help!

If it is such a pain to you, just endure the two hour drive and get AA to fix it for you. That seems to be the only qualm with you spetz, so just go to AA and they will fix it for you.(Probably). I wouldnt risk takedown like that if I were you. Have them fix it, if they will try, and that way you can try to work out some kind of warrenty with them to were if they break a vital piece...they have to pay for broken parts and such and get you your gun back bettter....

~Prometheus

I would, except that it is almost definately going to be SEVERAL months before I could get to go there. Another good thing about doing it myself is that I'd learn a lot about my gun and how to service it incase anything happens in the future.

Ever heard the story about if you give a man a fish vs. if you teach him to fish? :D

Oh, I see what you're talking about now. I was reading in the wrong part before, sorry everyone.

I tried taking out the necessary screws, but it still didn't come out. It talks about taking off the screw from the metal rod, which I didn't do. I'll have to try this later today.

Thanks everyone.

(note: old post - see edit for current info)

Well, I currently have everything stripped down. The gun is in two (large) pieces, the gearbox assembly is showing, but I don't know what (if anything) to fix with the fire selector plate.

How do I know what to change, if there is anything to change? The teeth seem to align right, but I don't really know how they should look, lol.

EDIT - Well, now I have the gun back together, and to my amazement, the problem seems to be fixed!!! I actually didn't do anything other than messings around with the selector gears and understanding how it works (suprisingly complicated).

While putting the gun back together, I found a problem. The 4 screws that hold on the trigger guard and magazine release lever don't won't to cooperate. When I line them up in the hole and try to screw them in, they just spin around doing nothing. There is nothing for them to screw into, and I can't figure out why. This is a huge problem since without those screws I can't use a magazine!

Thank you everyone.

Yeah, I actually figure that out about 20 minutes ago, but don't have time to work on it yet.

I have to completely strip my gun again to put that plate in the right place and to put a small weight/spacer that allows the front of the magazine something to grip to.

The only thing different that brand new I noticed was that when I move from semi up to auto or saftey, the top arm of the fire selector (where it bends) hits the hop-up cover piece. I have to push the hop-up cover back so the fire selector arm can swing up. <_<

Archived