New pistol

AGuy

Unsure if you're after a GBB rather than an NBB - must admit i read the OP fast. But what about the TM socom? It can be made to take higher pressure gasses, has a silly long range, very accurate etc. No fully auto, but with the price of pistol mags, why not use semi?

I've seen lots of regular players use them instead of AEGs. 4+ mags and they're more than good enough for short to medium length games.

I have a TMP, it is not reliable to be fully capable of being a mainarm, accuracy isnt great and to many parts that would be hard to replace. Little to know aftermarket parts. Ill research the mk23 more though

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a TMP, it is not reliable to be fully capable of being a mainarm, accuracy isnt great and to many parts that would be hard to replace. Little to know aftermarket parts. Ill research the mk23 more though

I think it's definately qualified for this job. It probably won't be able to take propane out of the box, but it definately fits the bill. After a few modifications, I've had no trouble with mine on propane (after getting it broken second hand, and repairing everything with parts from amateurstuntman).

Accuracy is awesome with this gun, I don't see what you problem is. I guess parts would be hard to replace, but for the time being, you can source pretty much any part you're looking for from ASM as he even sold me a TMP lower reciever so I could convert my SPP.

He doesn't want a TMP, and honestly, you got lucky with one that doesn't self-destruct on green gas. Stop trying to convince the man, and understand that your experience/opinion isn't the be all and end all.

For sheer power, accuracy and reliability on green, the choices are simple.

Upgraded WA or Stock/Upgraded TM.

A stock WA 1911 variant will out-shoot just about any upgraded GBB TM.

A Maruzen P99 nbb will out-shoot an MK23.

A Maruzen M93r nbb will out-shoot the aforementioned P99 by 20fps, carry more gas/more bb's and give you two market options (KM & PDI) for longer inner barrels, which only improve performance.

4.jpg

-Has longer than normal range

I put a Sheriff's LRB barrel in one of my WA Infinites (Magna) and when the bb weight is right (based on the temperature) it shoots farther than a TM M16 @390fps with a Prometheus tight bore (any bb'). The problem is that it has a very "tight" operating range regarding temperature/bb weight/gas type. Muzzle velocity is around 275fps w/ .29's so it can be used CQB or long range (if the magic formula is working that day).

-reliable and accurate

A Maruzen or Digicon or built up 6" WA

-higher than normal fps + range + reliable and accurate

A Maruzen or Digicon

A Digicon Straight Custom with a KM SCS Straight Custom 6" barrel set (the KM set for the Desert Eagle won't work unless you're good at brazing, silver soldering or can make your own anti-rotation sleeve), shoots .28's or .29's at 310fps on green gas at 90°F. Add a KM hammer/firing pin spring set (none of the hammer springs for the Digicon Target work...too tall) and you have greater versatility in your gases +fps. Go with an 8" KM SCS barrel for the Digicon Target (must be modified) and you have greater accuracy +fps. Spec' a custom hammer/torsion spring, open up the magazine valve or get a longer barrel...+fps. You can build one that will out-shoot the coffin nail without a 9" long silencer hanging out the end.

9.jpg

PM me regarding performance and sources.

Hmm. You should have put that line in the end of the post, instead of at the very beginning, or just left it out all together - then readers wouldn't unfairly dismiss the rest of your very detailed and informative post as utter insane gibbering. :P

Dude, you're spouting utter rubbish now. WA have some sort of blind spot when it comes to hop ups, and settle for throwing a couple of screws and a rubber ring at the barrel in the hope it will in some way improve the bbs trajectory. TM, in contrast, have magic pixies hand craft their hop units from solid awesome.

The point? If you want an uber-accurate replica, WA all the way. If you want to go and shoot someone at a distance greater than the diameter of your toilet bowl, get a TM.

One other thing: I regularly see Utty post useful help and information on pistols. So far, I've seen you post... ######. Who should we listen to?

:zorro:

Come on Sledge... As Utty said, everything else apart from that one line in Booster's post was spot on and informative.

Then you shouldn't have upgraded the TM, because they outrange the WA's out of the box. ;)

-Sale

Problem is, when someone posts something that's such utter rubbish, it tends to overshadow everything else.

If you preceive the message that badly, how did you read anything in the first place instead of just looking at the pictures?

I do know it overshadows the rest of the post. I read the same post you did. Still, the rest of the post was accurate and informative. There's no need to deliberately use a reversed authority-argument. ("I'm always right because I'm a professor." -> "He's always wrong because he made one mistake.")

-Sale

I thought Utty's delivery was fairly witty, but had no "substance" for me to address regarding my

utter insane
opinions...so I played back. I know from reading a few of his postings just recently, he offered sound advice and asked intelligent questions.

Now, in order to respond to your arguments I will attempt to disregard the

Dude...spouting utter rubbish now...magic pixies...your toilet bowl...So far, I've seen you post... ######. Who should we listen to?
in hopes of continuing intelligent discussion among everyone.

That's what we're here for right, to share our knowledge and learn from each other?

WA...blind spot...hop ups
i

1) My suggestion included an LRB. An LRB doesn't have any hop-up. Go to (drop ccc) cccclassicairsoft.net.

Look at the barrel in the middle.

LRBSheriff3.jpg

2) Also, I believe the WA SCW3 design has addressed your hop-up argument of the "nub".

I have a huge amount to learn, but it's possible I have something to offer.

Anyone who works and plays with these should be feel welcome, whether they be noobs or guys old enough to be your Dad.

Let's stay on track and not "screw" this thread up with positioning.

One other thing: I regularly see Utty post useful help and information on pistols. So far, I've seen you post... ######. Who should we listen to?

:zorro:

You're too kind, old boy. The truth is, I'm hardly aware of my surroundings as I type this. Where am I, anyway? What's my name again? :(

What I am aware of, is that when the pitiful remains of my cerebral matter processed the now-infamously legendary line

piping hot earl grey (two lumps, no milk) sprayed out my nose, and my monocle actually reached escape velocity (getting the roof fixed on monday). That thing just isn't right. I think we can comfortably agree on that. "We", as in the whole bloody world minus booster. :D

Nope.. Unless it has an LRB..

LRB give it insane range.. More range than even the best TM M14..

Here Here!

Utty...a world of consisting of unsubstantiated opinion stated as fact, and mutual admiration utliized to reinforce one's "position", is one I have never aspired to join.

Why not take that world into PM's and stay on subject of the post and intelligently address the points raised like the SCW3 system or your experience with LRB's?

Let's stay on track and not "screw" this thread up with positioning.

Booster's sorta right, and sorta wrong... the SCW3 fixed hop will get you at least the same range as the TM hop setup, unless you're running a PDI 6.01 in the WA, which reduces the surface area and height (depth?) of the hop up nub.

EDIT:

Maybe not greater range, but SCW3 hop and TM hop are at least equal. That's until you swap the TM hop rubber for a set of aftermarket ones.

Lads..

Query..

Why not take a bog stock standard 5.1/ 4.3 and then mod the disconnect so then it just shoots FA only?

As something straight out of the box (and still satisfying all terms of upgradability, accuracy, and Arnies Forums Power Restrictions).

He will also get ok-ish gas use (from either the 30rd or 28rd magazines)

He can then get whatever Guarder/SD/PGC/XYZ brand slide he wants, fit all sorts of after market barrels, have a robust hopup unit, add Freedom Art extended slide/barrel/front end combinations, and probably even add a Mako-clone hand grip to the front as well to assist with fire control.

You can even add a rail or two or three to chuck a red-dot onto it for looks and maybe even help with aiming!

5.1/4.3s are easy as to work on. (mind you, so are a few other beasties out there)

Personally, in this thread, I would l'listen' to the comments (and their consistency of advice, unless it involves shiny kick *albartroth* revolvers) from Utty, Sale, H-B-C, and Sledge - they KNOW what they are talking about... (most of the time.. :P ) A great wealth of knowledge in their heads....

Here Here!

Utty...a world of consisting of unsubstantiated opinion stated as fact, and mutual admiration utliized to reinforce one's "position", is one I have never aspired to join. 

Why not take that world into PM's and stay on subject of the post and intelligently address the points raised like the SCW3 system or your experience with LRB's?

I can try! I tend to think more clearly after a refreshing spot of forum trolling, muahaha.

The SCW3 hop system is great. I have two SCW3's, and I must say I prefer their hop-ups to the TM's. I always prefered fixed hop - instead of fiddling with some more or less reliable hop mechanism, you simply switch BB weight. :)

That said, if I had to choose one of my guns for skirmishing, it'd be the TM 4.3, because:

- TM magazines are cheaper than WA mags

- they're also easier and quicker to load with BBs than WA mags

- except for the DE, TM GBB recoil is very light, making precision rapid firing a piece of cake. Not space cake, just regular cake

- more later, as I have to go to work now. Ugh! :(

SMG is no go. Unless WA Mini uzi comes with SCW3 fixed hopup.

TM hopup is great. So is WA SCW3 "FIXED"(make sure its fixed) hopup. Accurate and trajectory is stable. I don't trust anything else.

But this is out of box state. When you start upgrade, this is where TM start to shine over WA. I.E You can easily drop a cut down VSR10 innerbarrel in TM GBBs(glocks/P226/2011 seris/1911. The rest models are not possible), hidden inside suppressor and easily extend range and FPS(well over the forum limit). Also you can use those nice V-hopups made for VSR10 on these GBBs. Straight drop in.

I also second Maruzen M93R NBB. If you don't mind NBB, it is great gun to consider. Shoots really long range and accurate. Magazine is cheap and high capacity. Good plus is that you can also use KSC M93R folding stock on it. Has good bit of metal parts out of box including the outerbarrel. Otherwise TM MK23 NBB with extended innerbarrel is also good NBB to consider.

Just make sure to use .28 or heavier BBs with those upgraded GBB/NBBs to take the advantage of higher muzzle velocity. Not to mention use quality BBs.(not some cheap bulk rounds.)

Regarding the range of various hop-up systems and the LRB (which also simply gives a backspin), I have yet to see "smart BBs", which would remember what kind of an airsoft gun shot them. We have a velocity, angle and backspin, that's it. I simply don't believe that you can get a longer or shorter flight path from another kind of hop-up system.

That said, the SCW3 hop up is a vast improvement over the old type, and provides enough backspin to send lighter BBs curving up. But the amount of backspin is not what counts: The excellence of the TM type hop-up comes from the fact that it has two hard nubs pressing on the hop-up rubber, which makes the spin imparted on the BB more consistent, and helps to center the BB in the same position from shot to shot.

I've found a lot of pistols to have a long flight path, but the inconsistent spins made it difficult to hit the target at a longer distance. With TM pistols, this is no longer a problem. This is why I think they have a better effective range than WA models. Now, if we get into LRBs, that's a different thing. But they are not the stock barrels of a WA and not widely available.

-Sale

LRB isn't easy to install and to make it work properly. There used to be a kit made for WA pistols and they are total S.O.B to get it right, that even if you can manage.

LRB is initialy designed for BV systems. They are tricky to get it right and often do not work well on modern GBBs.

I do not think that you should completely discount SMGs. There is one platform that I build on that has always performed consistently, although it is a bit unwieldy. Using just 134a, my fully built KSC M11s will match m120 equipped M4s for range and accuracy. This is with a tightbore extended all the way to the end of the TK silencer. The performance only gets better on green gas. The secret to longevity with an M11 is maintaining the bolt assembly. This is accomplished by simply manufacturing a recoil buffer.

The operating system is dead simple. The greatest drawback is that the wire stock is next to useless. As for the mini uzi, I would gladly field one with a KM tightbore machined to fit the WA breech extended out to the end of the factory silencer.

As for machine pistols, my personal experience is with the 93r GBB version. With just about every performance enhancement in the book, it will happily keep up with AEGs upgraded to most standard US field limits.

The drawback is that internal parts in the hammer mech can end up biding over time and seriously gum up the gun. A dunk in the ultrasonic tank is usually enough to restore order. I always get rid of them after building them because I always find them too bulky for use as a true sidearm despite the results I get in power range and accuracy.

I enjoy the KSC G18c. Others complain of inconsistent hop, but I have only ever had to use one click of the hop to get to a good setting with .25s. With any KSC and the factory ball bearing hop, the best solution to hop inconsistencies is to simply convert to a fixed hop setup. Ever actually hit something with a USP compact at 150 ft without using a holdover? I have and it is funny as hell. Fixed hop is the answer to most KSC problems.

Concerning WAs. I am a WA 1911 fanatic. I frequently field one against AEGs just because. The standard SCW hop was a great improvement over the Magna 2 holes in the barrel setup. Even the old system was amenable to improvement and airsealing with perfectly acceptable results. The max range I have gotten from the adjustable SCW hop was 120.' I really think the max effective range was 75.' If you further reign it in to practical ranges associated with a handgun, you can consistently hit a palm-sized target at 50.' Within this performance envelope, nothing beats a WA 1911 for power, consistency, and accuracy.

The SCW 3 fixed hop extends this performance to the limits of the standard TM hop sytems.

If you use your pistol outside of these fairly compressed ranges, then I would definitely look into building up a a new gen TM.

Though for some reason I always end up with a full metal WA 1911 on my hip.

they are total S.O.B to get it right

I agree, and this morning was going to run a tape measure along the ground to determine the effective range...until I fired one shot and my barrel popped out an inch beyond my outer barrel! This is the fourth time out of ~500 rounds. Personally I like the performance and know they work great...when they work! Performance in classics like Asahi's and Jac's can be remarkable.

unless you're running a PDI 6.01 in the WA, which reduces the surface area and height (depth?) of the hop up nub.

Very helpful to know...thank-you. I was about to order one for a WA and one for a Performance Center from h##p://www.x-fire.org/handgun/wa/infinity/01_6inch_palso/e.main.html. Ordering direct is a pretty good deal as they are $49USD plus $10USD shipping for the Palsonite. That's where I got the ones for the M93r...$18 per barrel cheaper than HK(after shipping).

Archived