Pistols Only

Hayabusa

Hi

I've just bought a TM 1911 and a whole bunch of upgrade parts, and I'm thinking of maybe running a pistol only rig, just as something different to my usual AEG setup.

I guess I can't be the only one with this idea, So if you run a pistols only rig,could you please post your setup eg: the pistol/s you use, what type of holster/mag pouches, how many mags you use, how difficult it is to play pistol/s only,what environment you play in and what kind of tactics you use etc etc

Any info is useful, as I'm seriously thinking of running a pistol only setup,I just need some inspiration and ideas :)

Thanks very much

Hayabusa

Edit, Not sure I've posted this in the right section.If not, mods could you please move it.Thanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've recently moved to pistol-only using my TM Hi-Capa. I use a standard surplus store belt held up by HSGI suspenders. A Blackhawk Omega holster holds the gun and a quick-loader. On my left hip is a triple magazine pouch for the two spare magazines, though I often keep all three in there... not that the holster could ever cause a magazine to fall out. On the back is the Proteus pack from Maxpedition. I've yet to make any good use of it, though, except to hold my keys. I'll also throw my Camelbak MULE pack on for water, of course. Later on I may get a MOLLE belt or just a leg panel, but aside from lacking an easy-access GP pouch, I've done well with the simple loadout.

I don't have a designated loadout, but I have played games with between one and five pistols and between two and ten magazines depending on what I feel like taking. My one-gun loadout is a WA Para-Ordnance HRT Special in a thigh holster with between one and five spare magazines (six when I get a new rubber seal for the 50rd hi-cap I have), or a WA Prokiller 2000F with between one and three spare mags (the Infinity mags the Prokillers use are compatible with the HRT, but the HRT's P14 .45 mags are not compatible with the Prokillers).

The two-gun loadouts are matched pairs, Prokiller 2000Fs or Hi-Capa 5.1s. I have four magazines for each set. Honestly I'll often use the Hi-Capas, if only because they're shorter and there's no temptation to waste a mag on full-auto.

I do have the option of running a mixed loadout, with one semi- and one full-auto pistol (one for each hand) and this can prove usefull- usually means a Hi-Capa in the right hand and a Prokiller in the left, if only because the Hi-Capas are the same colour as the prokillers and have less recoil than the HRT (mine has the parkarised finish).

In terms of holsters, I have left- and right-handed thigh holsters and a modified SA assault vest (I've put holes in two of the pockets on the chest of it to act as holsters), along with a belt holster for the fifth gun.

If I'm feeling really cheeky, I can slip a springer into one of the dump pouches on the assault vest...

Kimber Warrior with M3 and surefire bulb inside. 4 mags, one in the gun, three in the Paraclete TX-II pouch, or the Paraclete Quad pistol mag pouch, depending on whichever rig Im using. Safariland 6004 colored CB on the leg.

Considering a TM 226 with another M3, 4 mags total and those mags will work in the same pouches, need a new safariland though.

TM 1911 with at least one mag, Maruzen pistol uzi with two 40 round mags, at least two of my glocks with at least two mags each, and a tm revolver for that last ditch "must get bbs down range" moment

Though normally i take an AEG and one pistol i take all the mags for that pistol and end up putting the aeg down for the fun factor of pistols. my TM 1911 rocks, i have only three mags. my glocks i have 5 standard mags at the moment. and the pistol uzi?.... well, thats just awesome.

i go out with my pss300 and a handfull of bb's in my pocket. i used to carry my AE homeland deffender as a sidearm, but the hammer has worn down and usually wont stay cocked. fortunately i have only had to go one game with the pss and no sidearm... was pretty successfull too.

I also use TM M1911A1 with one spare magazine for a pistol only rig in CQB, and they haven't let me down thus far.

My loadout is similar with HairyMan, but pluses one mag recycle pouch which is quite handy.

To against AEG, range and fire power are not on your side, but good reflects and flexibility are. Therefore, here are two tactic sugggestions for you:

1. displace as often as possible

2. only shoot at what you can hit

in a pistol and shotty game I ususally go with the TM Mk23 NBB with or without the suppressor and only 2 spare mags in a 6004 with a double mag pouch... I've also done this in a rifle game and been out shooting all but the upgraded Bolt actions...

As Jammed P90 says - only shoot at what you can hit, but if your planning on taking a building during a skirmish work with a buddy...

I'm still getting complements on my Pistol work from one skirmish...

When I go pistols only (or pistols and shotguns) I wear my replica PT armour, use my 1911 in a fobus holster with 2 spare mags in a fobus mag pouch tucked into the band on my PT armour and then I have a dump pouch on the back of my belt for empty mags and spare ammo.

If I'm using my shotty as well I'll add a mag holder to the velco on my vest and if its a long game where I'll spend alot of time away from regen I'll take my battle bag with a can of propane, ammo and water in it. If I've got my bag with me I'll usually have another pistol stashed in that, usually my TM M93R for full autoness :)

here are two tactic sugggestions MUST DO'S for you:

1. displace as often as possible

2. only shoot at what you can hit

Thats better

I'm currently trying to figure out how to carry 4 at a time. I just want to be a showoff. I figure I can use my MOLLE vest, and buy another MOLLE holster and 2 double pistol mag pouches. 1 mag in each gun, 1 spare mag for each gun in the pouches. It may be impractical, but it's fun as hell.

Cool thing is, none of them are the same. I've got an M9, M1911, Mk23 and Glock 19, so I've got lots of variety. Hmm, 2 9mm pistols and 2 .45s, works out well :).

Cool, thanks for all the replies

You guys have certainly got some varied loadouts,here's what mine will look like(when a few things arrive,anyway)

TM 1911 custom (threaded outer barrel,Delta force Silencer,nineball 6.03 inner barrel,Nineball air seal,Nineball recoil spring and guide and soon to fit a Nineball dyna piston :) )

3 Magazines

BHI Serpa for a Colt 1911(with Molle Attachment adaptor)

3 BHI Strike Pistol Mag pouches (2 for mags, one for silencer)

Warrior LLB Molle belt and harness

Large utility pouch to store gas and ammo

My inspiration came from MGS3 (though it is a modern variation :) ), my setup allows me to carry my pistol as a primary, as well as keeping it as a backup when I use an AEG.If I want to travel light(I don't carry much gear anyway), I can remove my primary rifle pouches and just go pistol only.

Alternatively, I'll just stick the Serpa on my pistol belt, attach my pistol pouches to my belt using a molle adaptor, sling my shotty over my back and play that way(depending on the gametype and my mood :D ) .

cheers

Hayabusa

(What I used to do for pistols only) Kay. Drop leg holster on my right hand side with a double mag pouch on it as well, in it a WE hi-capa 3.8 with 3 spare mags (4 total), In my hands a G18c w/50rnd mag, once that is up I just holster it and take out my WE which will last me the rest of the game.

• 1 month later...

Custom made rig. Camelback sewn to a paintball rig style elastic belt with a gel back support. I leather belt goes around it. Two seven inch silver dragons in front. then two sets of dual mag holders and then another holster for my Glock G18c. These holsters are cut in the front so the guns stick perpendicular to the belt at 90 degrees. A dump pouch in the back. The dump pouch has a dual mag holder for my cigars. The dump pouch is permanently connected to the rig so it doesnt flop up and down. Left suspender has my throat mic button and the right has my plastic knife. I have run this rig all year and made a few more changes for tomorrows game.

The dragons are used in the woods for range ( 355 FPS) and the glocks are used for clearing building. One set just never covered both situations. I generally carry six extra dragon mags and 2 glocks.

Currently, I am in the makings of a CQB rig, using a green plate carrier with, ironically, a gray-green navy flightsuit, and all other equiptment black (I wanted it to look RBS Vegas Esc I suppose) with a black helmet. Since I switched over to ALL Tokyo, my CQB kit has my new TM glock 17 with Metal slide on a black theigh holster.

As for the assault kit, I have a TM m1911 with the Guarder metal kit on an improvied holster (a mag pouch). Both havent let me down once.

Apart from the obvious suggestions of how to use pistols and using they're strengths to your advantage, may I recommend above all other bits of kit.

One of these

Small gas canister.

Invaluable If you plan on using pistols in long games.

Also could I make the point that surely you are destroying the advantage of using only pistols when using big rigs and vests?

One of the main reasons I find that I use pistols is because they are light, therefore you can be so much more agile.

Why be as agile as someone using an AEG, but without the bonus's of an AEG?

I personally carry:

2xM9comp

6xmags

1xgas charger

about 200/300 spare rounds

stock tm 1911 and as many mags as i can get hold of. never used a better skirmishing GBB.

it'd be ncie to get a DE again, the last 2 i had were awesome. no good as a sidearm because of the size. but if its the onyl thing you have to worry about carrying in your hands, i'd probably use it over the 1911. with UK limit FPS numbers, amazing accuracy and fun as hell, its a beast.

Hi

I've just bought a TM 1911 and a whole bunch of upgrade parts, and I'm thinking of maybe running a pistol only rig, just as something different to my usual AEG setup.

I guess I can't be the only one with this idea, So if you run a pistols only rig,could you please post your setup eg: the pistol/s you use, what type of holster/mag pouches, how many mags you use, how difficult it is to play pistol/s only,what environment you play in and what kind of tactics you use etc etc

Any info is useful, as I'm seriously thinking of running a pistol only setup,I just need some inspiration and ideas :)

Thanks very much

Hayabusa

Edit, Not sure I've posted this in the right section.If not, mods could you please move it.Thanks

Yea i have a pistol only rig i run every once in a while...i have a kwa m9 with a black hawk serpa holster...works beutifuly but costs around $105 for dropleg platform w/ holster...i also have a kwa usp compact that works beutifuly well for how small it is. outdoors it works well to...ive gotten some good shots with it. yea though i definatly recomend the black hawk serpa holsters.

HK-

imho, any pistol, loads of mags and a dump pouch

a dump pouch is key for fast reloads cause drop mag out into dump pouch and not have to worry about losing mags and/or tryin to put them back in to a mag pouch so basically and sorry if this sounds dirty but

dump and go

also i reckon stealth is gonna be maybe a key tactic cause you can't put out bb's faster than an AEG, well you could try and then the evil cool down effect comes in and says "computer says no"

or if you want to be picky about a pistol imho the Glock 18c and loads and loads of extended mags and a dump pouch

Archived