Pistols Only

Hayabusa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I have not ran it in a game yet. The next game I will be in is not until Oct 21. My only concern is how well the mags will hold up to running and not falling out.

Currently I use dual mag holders with velcro tops. And reload each mag individually.

This idea came from my last game. I try to cycle the freshest mag to my right hand which is my dominant. This way I can fire while reloading the other pistol.

I was fighting for my life and both pistols locked open at once :blink: It was the first time it had not happened on purpose. I have emptied both guns on a group of friends when I snuck up on them. Even with all the games I have played I was kinda at a loss. I crouched, dropped both mags on the ground and pulled new ones. I watched the enemy run up on me and was helpless to stop them. I had to submit to a "bang" kill :angry:

My thought on this rig would be to reload as normal and only use it in emergency. Or when it would be cool :rolleyes:

Well my pistol setup is a workin progress so, still think it will turn out well:

TM Desert Eagle is the only pistol I own right now, and my parents tell me that is it till I'm older lol.

2 mags is all I have currently but Ithink I'm pick up at least 2 more.

I use a Tac force Usa cross draw vest and 5.11 TDUs, pants and shirt.

I put my mags in the rifle pouches so they come out really easy. I carry 2 pistol size TM speed loaders and 1 can of duster gas in a few places varying on what else I'm carrying. I put a crosman P99 that radomly explodes in the crossdraw holster. Speaking of which I need the gurder tornado holster and duty belt.

I havn't got a chance to try any of this out yet, it's been raining a lot lately.

If its pistols only, then I have have to agree with going light, since everyone else will probably be as well. Maybe a very simple chest rig to hold mags, ammo, and whatnot, and a serpa holster. I used to use a KWA Glock 23F with King Arms M3 flashlight before I sold the Glock. The only problem I ever had was that I had to put the flashlight on everytime I drew the gun.

I am almost done with my new load out of two TM Hi-Capas with many many upgrades. These two will be run in two drop legs (left and right). The one that I use as a primary will be running a PDI 7inch 6.01 with a suppressor while my other 5.1 will serve a backup/dual wielding (when I want to intimidate someone :) ) role.

currently i often just carry a marui desert eagle and a we1911 for loads of the games at site i play (spectre wargames in hereford) the site is a impressively short ranged and it is full of tight corners and small rooms.

the eagle is carried in a viper thigh holster and the we is usually in the cross draw vest i wear. the eagle will soon have a custom hip holster (boris man you rock seriously!)

as for mags the eagle is fed by 6 standard mags that come out of a raven utility pouch and the we has its two standard 15 rounders that it came with. which live in the cross draw vest.

the reasons i play with pistols only quite often is many fold

A: i love pistols and always have. im a firm beliver that thier use requires more skill than blazing away with a AEG and high cap. not that i dont do that myself but sometimes simplifing things can improve your preformance no end.

B: speed. a pistol allows you to move without having to worry about get caught on door ways or as you move over barricades. also their reduced weight means you can roll and tumble without too much concern for hurting yourself (or others) on your AEG

C: stealth. no ratterling high caps, no winding, no gear box winding up before a round leaves the muzzle. by the time you've heard a GBB hammer fall and the slide rack back theres a round on its way to you.

D: speed of engagement. i can track and hit three short range targets much faster with a pistol than I can with a AEG (this might just be me mind!) giving the bad guys less of a time to respond to me as a threat.

E. asthetics. lets face it, someone just packing a pistol a few mags and a grenade or two looks like significantly lesser threat than the guy with a pimped AEG, body armor, helmet, loads of tac kit and all the bells and whistles. which means you conform to a important law of combat "on the battlefield try to look unimportant the enemy may be low on ammo."

but to be fair in my not so humble opion im always nervous of the guy whos carrying a professionally high speed load out it means he (yet too meet a she that can shoot a pistol that well. even after 9 years in the military) has thought about what hes going too do, and that hes going for my style of play. love it when i see em too. especailly when its down the site of my eagle.

i have a mad pistol only loadout. tm 1911 in serpa drop leg on right, tm desert eagle in some no name drop leg on my left, glock 18c (full auto disabled) to the left of the small of the back, bren ten to the right of the small of the back both of which are sharing a holster similar to castor troy's in face off, glock 23 in ankle holster. then a belt with 2 extra mags for each gun and 2 dump pouches. so on any given moment, i have 5 pistols, each loaded with somewhere between 12-32 rounds and about 340 extra rounds in 10 other mags somewhere on my body.

draw back, it gets heavy after a while.

I very often run with just my TM Mk23 rather than it as a backup to my ICS m4. Last weekend we played a night game, so this worked incredibly well. The one problem I ran into was that I didn't use a vest or holster, so I kept my mags in my pockets and they got some crud in them. I'm assuming the cleaning of them is for another thread, but could I use MOLLE pouches on a belt? If not, what could I use that would let me have the pouches on my belt when I'm running without a vest but I could also put them on my MOLLE vest? I currently have 4 mags with plans for at least 6.

tboone:

I run a belt with holsters in front and dual mag holders on the sides, each holds two mags (from Cheaper Than Dirt) and a dump pouch on the back. This goes around a paintball pod belt with a gel lower back support (comfy). I took a camelback and cut the suspenders and sewed them to my paintball rig. I then added some belt loops to hold the belt in place. This way I can use as many or few holsters and mag pouches as the games warrant. The suspenders also hold my throat mic button on the left and my plastic knife for kills on the right. My radio goes in the top pocket on the camelback. I left one pod holder on each side of the dump pouch to carry a small bottle of drink or something else if I want.

My 'pistols-only' set up is the same as my usual rig sans all the other gear. It consists of:

Off-brand tactical belt

BHI Omega w/light holster

BHI quad pistol mag pouch w/inserts

WA 5" Limited w/Surefire x200

I usually carry four mags, leaving the last space on the pistol mag pouch free to quickly stash any expended mags. Depending on the situation (ie: if it's dark and indoors, otherwise I won't bother) I've also got a Surefire M3 that'll be secured to my wrist with a lanyard in case I, you know, need some extra light.

My current setup, which is likely to change soon, is as following;

- TM1911A1, 150% springs, 3 mags.

- TM Hi-Capa 5.1, bog standard, 3 mags.

- Leapers UTG OD Tac-vest, does the job, nothing more.

- BHI CQC Serpa 1911.

- X-brand belt + UTG Drop-leg pouch to stuff things in :P.

PS: Trying to "get rid" of the Hi-Capa and a lousy KSC1911 I have lying around, hence the "which is likely to change". :P DS

Update: I've taken to using a dirt cheap clone Mk23 recently. It's dead quiet and a vicious piece of kit.

I have a custom chest rig that I can fit two pistols of almost any type into, with space for lots (ten plus) mags in the various pouches (excluding the two dump pouches I use for empties), and I also have two drop leg holsters and a belt holster. The most pistols I've used in a single game before is six, but that was a heavy loadout (good excercise though!).

More usually if I'm going pistols-only in an AEG game I'll use one pistol as a primary with maybe two backups in case of problems. If I'm going into a pistols round I sometimes take a single WA Para and use it as (effectively) a support gun- I've got ten magazines that'll fit it including a 50rd hi-cap. People don't usually expect suppressive fire in a pistols game, 'cause not many people have the ammo for it. :D

The only things I'm taking with me on a CQB game:

- black/blue jeans trousers and shirt

- Serpa holster on simple leather belt

- HFC M190

- spare mag in backpocket of pants

- skillz

- 'come and get some' attitude

Archived