Pistols Only

Hayabusa

Hm , pistols only ,

i only really play pistols/shotguns at Urban assault , wednesday night these days so

TM G17 ( guarder alu slide + propane) in a Bianchi Accumold Elite holster , with 2 spare mags in a fobus 6900 , huge range and reasonable accuracy,

TM Glock 18C AEP ( With TM prolite/battery tightbore/full cylinder etc etc) and 4 spare mags (all my aep mags are 30 rounders) in a viper triple flash bang pouch , this pistol also carries a TM Tracer once it gets dark.

I might carry a speed loader too some times (TM 470 rounder)

but not gas , I get 2 mags worth of BBs from the gas mags , and we leave a bottle of propane at the safe zone for my guys to share.

Jim

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like people have said - pistols are small and light, so MOVE.

1) MOVE. ALWAYS.

2) Only shoot if you KNOW you will hit.

3) MOVE.

4) Keep your mags topped up as much as possible - 27 rounds NOW is MUCH better than 10 rounds now and 26 more after a reload.

5) If you're so far away as to need to use the sights, you're too far away. Get closer, point the gun and don't use the sights.

6) Practice snapshooting, practice reloading, practise drawing/holstering until you either look really awesome or can do it very fast.

7) MOVE.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on my mood:

1911 mood: 2 KJW 1911A1's. One in a tactical vest with 4 spare mags and the other in a thigh holster with 2 spare magazines on belt. The vest also has a camel back and I carry a tactical flashlight in one of the pouches.

Glock mood (1): 2 HFC Glock 17's w/M3 light, using same load out on vest and thigh holster.

Glock mood (2): 2 CYMA G18c AEP's w/M3 light with 3 standard magazines in each of the standard pistol magazine pouches. If I know it's going to be really nasty, I'll put a couple of high cap magazines in a M16 magazine pouch. (I really love these AEP's)

You should also have a "dump pouch" for your empty spare magazines attached to your belt on your non-shooting hand side.

Not something I've done much of but on occassions I ditched the AEG and ran a pair of KJW G19s with 6 mags.

I'm not a fan of two-handed shooting - looks great in the movies but it's completely unrealistic and inpractical so I'd carry one and keep one as a backup in my usual thigh holster.

I'm down to one Glock now (lent one out about 18 months ago and not seen it since :/ ) but I was pondering replacing one with a Desert Eagle anyway. Same reasons as posted above - I find the DE too hefty to be practical as a backup weapon but less of a problem if you're using that as a primary instead of hulking a rifle around. Oh, and stacks of fun!

pistols.... hmm

Desert eagle is always a favourite of mine to use. Its a big piece but it doesnt let me down, and i have got use to its big size

WE 1911 (with rail) i have yet to get a laser or a torch for this. A really nice pistol.

Glock 18cs I have a pair and they do well aslong as i dont keep my fingers down

PPK/S close range humiliation pistol.

I will normally go for glocks and a desert eagle. one for range and 2 for room clearance... and mayb the ppk as the last ditch pistol.

Recently got a second WA Para-Ordnance HRT Special. Both of my Paras now have metal slides. I have about seven mags for them all told.

I, to put it mildly, am loving it. While I do still use one pistol at a time more often than not, double-handed play is still awesome in my opinion. There are a couple of ways to do it properly.

Two-handed play involves mainly snap shooting at a defined target with the on-hand and more vaguely defined suppressive shots with the off hand for maximum effectiveness. Airsoft pistols have a light enough kick that recoil and accuracy are nearly non-issues.

Alternate form of two-handed play is defensive: Cover one lane with each gun, fire the appropriate one immediately the enemy comes into view rather than having to re-aim if they don't come the right way. Most effective either in an urban environment with lots of shadows or in the middle of a bush during woodland play.

Third form of two-handed play involves a semi-auto primary and a select-fire secondary, though this is a variant on defensive play. Single enemies or pairs you use the primary semi-auto gun for, but if a large group appears then you can raise your secondary rock-and-roll gun and keep going without skipping a beat.

Sounds slick.

I have finally gotten my first actual pistols only load out together. Granted it is intended to simulate what I would call "concealed carry" where one doesn't have much on them but is forced to make do. In any case I am using a KSC USPc in a BHI SERPA holster with 3x mags in BHI mag holders.

Have yet to battle test it but I get a kick out of skirmishing with weird setups.

(its fair to note that a certain TV character has a bit of success with a load out very similar to this. guess who :) )

TM 1911, 6x mags, 3x single mag pouches, dump pouch, molle holster.

All on a molle belt with harness.

Pistol playing is awfully like sniping, stealth and being exactly where your not expected to be.

Your biggest advantage is your mobility, those poor swine humping armour and longarms around are generally so much slower than you, if you can use this to your advantage you'll do very well indeed.

I found that my CYMA Glock AEP was brilliant for hit and run attacks - I have 2 100 round hicaps for it, and I slapped a silencer on her.

It's really very, very satisfying to sneak into a good hiding spot, wait until two or three unlucky victims walk by and then run past them hosing away one handed - and unlike GBBs or AEGs I don't have to worry about hitting them too many times, so it's all guilt free!

I love my Glock, and it loves me.

Don't have any of them left now, but pistol rig was:

2xMk23

Supressed Mk1

Kampf Pistole

Gana tan

Mk23's for primary use, in large droplegs. Mk1 for sneaky kills, Kampf Pistole for when the *beep* hit the fan. Both of those in a shoulder rig, Mk1 on the left, kampf pistole on the right. The gana tan, sadly, wasn't really useable :( and I can't remember where I put it on the rig :unsure:

pict0393aj4vn3.jpgpict0395pj1.jpg

pict0444hy0.jpgpict0443tg5.jpg

:zorro:

Heres Cowboys latest creation. A laura croft style reloader. Sorry for the short video. I started with the slides locked back, drop two mags and reload, the clunk sound is the two mags clicking into the gun. Enjoy.

Cool rig, its just not as hot as when she does it though

Funnily enough I used that excuse to buy 5 glocks!!!!

17, 18, 23, 26 & 34 :P

Then marui went & bought one out that worked!! :(

Greg.

TBH its because I have no car, only motorbikes, so mag commonality helps :)

As for Cowboy's rig...I dunno. Put him in a tight blue top and some tight shorts, then put a long haired wig and some make-up on him...I think he could pull it off ;)

TBH its because I have no car, only motorbikes, so mag commonality helps :)

As for Cowboy's rig...I dunno.  Put him in a tight blue top and some tight shorts, then put a long haired wig and some make-up on him...I think he could pull it off ;)

Sorry,,,,,did you just say,,,,,,,,,,,,"pull it off"? :blink:

You crazy biker types. :D

Greg.

P1040937.jpg

Take the plastic cover off the end of a mag. You need to counter sink the two holes in it so the screw heads sit flush. This makes the button in the mag slide across them and so not to lock. The mag has to be pointed feed lips down so gravity holds in the mag. The plastic piece is screwed to any thing you want. I have it on my back dump pouch. Once you have locked the mags in the gun, simply lift up and the mag will slide from the rig.

P.S. This rig worked great until I put on my new mag wells. Once the mags lock in place the gun will not slide up. :angry:

Archived