Hi capa slide on 1911?

fal

I was just wondering, is it possible to replace standard TM 1911 slide with a metal slide made for TM Hicapa 5.1?

I know they fit but more I'm interested is transfering internals from TM 1911 slide to TM hicapa slide. As I belive TM 1911 internals are a little different from TM Hi capa slide internals? Such as TM 1911 has metal frame where it sits on the grove on the frame, where hicapa is not.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hmm.. good question.

I know TK makes an 'adaptor' which is really a small shim-type piece will allows the Hi Capa slide to be used on the 1911A1 frame. I'll have to check if what you're looking to do with the internals is feasible, too. Give me a few minutes.

The blowback units are the same. The hop-up housings are different. The M1911 has a post for the recoil guide, since it uses a short one. Also the M1911 has an extra piece for the rails which leads right up to the blowback unit, that the Hi Capa doesn't have.

The lower frame and controls are from the M1911. The entire upper is from a Hi-cappa 5.1 (slide, external and internal barrels, hopup, etc). A also used the Tanio Koba slide spacer (allows the 5.1 slide on M1911 frame). I'm planning on getting a new outer barrel and doing some other things to it before I can call it "finished."

The lower frame and controls are from the M1911.  The entire upper is from a Hi-cappa 5.1 (slide, external and internal barrels, hopup, etc).  A also used the Tanio Koba slide spacer (allows the 5.1 slide on M1911 frame).  I'm planning on getting a new outer barrel and doing some other things to it before I can call it "finished."

For a moment I was excited. Well I know they work like that as I have tried it myself before.

What I'm wondering, as my thread states, is would it be possible using hicapa "slide" instead of TM 1911A1 "slide". Which means transporting all the blowback units from Tm1911A1 and fitting them into TM Hicapa slides.

I.E I have TM 1911A1. Now I want to buy one of those nice Shooter's Design slide(made for TM Hicapa 5.1) and replace stock plastic 1911 slide with it. Obviously I don't have TM Hicapa. Now would this be possible?

But.. you have to get a barrel with it too, doncha?

Otherwise it will look all big and flopping like

5thdf8.th.jpg

and if you want to take it DIRECTLY over, it would look like:

stacked51_1911.jpg

However, that WE 1911 is based on the 5.1, so that is why it fits so nicely. You would need to get that little adapter piece, methinks.

Edit-.. hang on.. I have run the 4.3 slide set on the TM 1911A1 frame very nicely, so I fail to see why the 5.1 would not work on it too.

• 3 months later...

Cutting the notch for the bushing isn't all that hard, took me 5-10 minutes with a dremel and a small disk attachment, just put a little bit of bright paint on the notch on the bushing and twist it so it marks the spot to cut the notch while its still wet then cut. You can make the back of the notch as far in as you want but don't go to far forwards with the front or you'll get a wobbly bushing and (goes without saying) be careful not to go through the slide.

But if you do use a Shooters Design slide, you can use their aftermarket barrel bushing and recoil bushing.  I used a set when I had a 5.1 with a straight outer barrel.

that's different. Any pics in the 2011 threads for me to go having a gander/nosey at?

Archived