Enfield SA80 L85 A1 Petition

Ad_Enuff

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you look on airsoft scotland they have now made a custom l85by putting TM internals in to the academy l85, it costs around £350 

Any way most of the real l85 is plastic not metal thats why it is so s*** and thats why its hard to get a AEG sa80 

Wow it really annoys me when people just speak when they don't know what they are talking about. Have you ever even seen a real SA80? ever fired one? Pistol grip and hand guard are the only 2 pieces on the entire gun which are plastic that is why it so heavy for its size. And how can you say it's ###### if you have never fired it? I have personally fired 1000's of rounds through my new A2 in hot, dusty conditions like Iraq and cold, wet conditions like ranges in England and a mixture in between like Kossovo and have never EVER had a single stoppage with it.

Sorry for the rant but people bug me who chat bubbles when they don't know what they are talking about. Back up your statements with facts please!

Even if real L85 was mostly plastic why would that make it ****? the FAMAS and G36 are mostly plastic (well fibreglass and stuff) and they definitely arent rubbish weapons

People have to realise that technology today means that a gun can be made out of high-tech plastics and fibres.

In years to come, we will see a high rise in high-tech polymer rifles, bullets etc in an attempt to cut down weight in battle.

The G36 is a very good example of what is to come.

BTW I e-mailed the petition owner a few days back and he never replied :( I was asking how long he was going to wait before he presented it to the companies. How long do you think we should wait before we present it to them?

In years to come, we will see a high rise in high-tech polymer rifles, bullets etc in an attempt to cut down weight in battle.

Amen! to that. Would make me a very happy bunny :P

i would say wait till 1500 votes.

Every one says that all the major companys make guns for the eastern demand but due to all the customs being made it would show there is a demand in the east as well as the west!

In terms why we should have major AEG manufacturers make an SA80 is simply this, without one it is like not making the M16/M4 variants or the AK47.

The SA80 whether your a fan or not, nobody can take away the fact that its a major rifle used by the British Army and therefore as such should be made.

It also makes a stagnant AEG market more interesting. The more rifles and choice the better!

I'd sign any petition for anyone who wants a new AEG rifle made.

Its also probs the only AEG of a really modern influential modern army that hasnt been made if i think about it a bit

M16 = america

FAMAS= france

G36=Germany

Steyr = Australia and ireland (altho hardly knew ireland had its own army)

Sig series= switzerland and similar

Ak= every one in the freaking world

Mp5s= police people

dunno if anyones mentioned this already or not (if so feel free to spank me) but i was at Airsoft Armoury today and inquired about a future release of the SA80 and according to them CA are making one due out sometime next year.

I this is found to be true, I can see other manufacturers making teh SA80 so as to compete and take a piece of the market.

It will also mean from teh outset that they will try to make a good replica and produce a much higher quality build than the current Academy one.

On a side note:

There has been yet another price frop of the SA80 Work Shop version.

Was originally U$2500.00. Then dropped to U$1800.00..........

Yesterday when I looked it is now down to U$1600.00!!!

With a poor US$ rate at the moment, UK SA80 fans can get a much better deal.

This version is THE version out there at teh moment.

hmmmmm yeh but lets just wait and see if CA can make one for cheaper and see if they lower the price to that!

I agree with you there! A high quality SA80 at £200 woudl be brilliant!

At the moment two AEG's exist and two different ends of the scale.

1. Academy at £110 (A plastic airfix kit construction)

2. SA80 Workshop £900 approx (Real Steel Full Metal)

I can confirm what people have been told by AA.

One of the guys who works in the Chalfont store lives in the room below me in the barrack block, and while speaking to him on Friday he said that they have been sending bits and pieces to CA to assit in the project for a while now.

So fingers crossed we're going to get a decent AEG L85 sometime in the future.

Archived