Systemas?

M14

As some of you know, I love Vietnam and that era and am not a fan of all this new MOLLE, ACU, Multicam and tactical stuff. I just find its not a great as people think. My father was stationed in Germany after being drafted into the Military during the Vietnam war so thats basicly how I got into Vietnam era gear. My question is what is your opinion on Systema weapons? They are the only weapon most people at the local field (who can afford one) use. They talk about how great they are and everything all the time. I would of bought one and sometimes feel left out that all I have is tons Vietnam era surplus gear and have absolutly no modern stuff. I could of bought 2 Systemas with the $2500 + I spent on my Inokatsu M60A1 but modern stuff is just not my thing. I like the concept of Systema weapons like the bolt locks back after a mag is emptied and that they are the most realistic but I dont feel like ruining my Vietnam look just to have a more realistic weapon. I find my highly upgraded M14 and M16A1 rifles shoot just a little worse then systemas but like realism. My M60 shoots just as good but its not a rifle. I have spent tons of mone on just making my guns more realistic but buying body kits a RS parts and custom fitting them to my guns. I was thinking about buying a Systema A2 and custom making it into a M16A1 using RS and A1 airsoft gun parts. I was thinking of putting RS trangular handguards on it, keeping the bridcage flash hider (which was used it Vietnam probably even more than the 3 prong), getting a RS A1 pistol grip, getting RS 20rd magazines and custom make them into Systema ones, putting some thin metal over the A2 adjustable sights (which wont be the same as the A1 but close enough), somehow removing the Systema logo and some other small stuff. It will take hours and hours of hard work and I want to know what you think of Systemas before I do that. If you say they really are worth it and way better than a highly upgraded standard AEG, I will probably buy one. If not, I will save my money for other stuff. If I would of never got into Vietnam, I would of bought a Systema in a second but I really really hate modern type airsoft stuff, sorry.

It sounds like you'd rather have an older era weapon anyway, so why not go for that and save yourself a load of cash? I've never used a Systema rifle but I do hear they are well-made. Just FYI, the bolt doesn't lock back, but you do have to press the bolt catch after loading a fresh mag, simulating the bolt locking back.

Also you might want to check out this

Archived