BB Sensor

M14

Im a ref at a local paintball field and learned that some expensive fast firing paintball guns have little sensors in the chamber that sneses when a paintball is in it so the gun doesnt fire before the paintball is fully in the chamber. Its basicly so the paintball doesnt break in the chamber and get paint everywhere but it gave me an idea. Why doesnt some higher end airsoft gun companies like CA, TM and G&G put a little sensor that clips into a hop-up chamber with a small hole in it and wont the gun fire unless a BB is in the chamber. It will let people know easier if the mag is empty or if the gun jammed. Also it shouldnt dirve the price up way too much because AEGs are fired using wires and stuff. It shouldnt affect the ROF either because the "tournament" paintball gun are can over 20 rounds a second.

The Systema PTW already uses something like this, although I'm pretty sure it's a follower on the magazine and not a sensor. IMO it's pretty unnecessary to have all that extra ###### in your hop-up chamber, that's just more that could go wrong with your internals.

IIRC there was thread about something like this in the News section. Someone made a thing that does a bunch of stuff, or something. :unsure:

I'll see if I can find it, but I don't remember what it's called.

Edit: I couldn't find it. :( I know it's out there, though maybe it was in a different section? I don't know, I'm pretty good with these things for the most part.

I was just thinking of a way that the gun will stop firing after a mag is emtied. I thought of the follower concept but couldnt think of any way that it would work in a standard AEG without lots of modification. A sensor would be easy for a AEG company to install without drasticly changing their production method and machines. I agree that the follower concept is better but the companies would have to change a lot of the parts to make it work.

EDIT

I just remembered that with a hi-cap the follower thing will not work at all.

IIRC there was thread about something like this in the News section.  Someone made a thing that does a bunch of stuff, or something. :unsure:

A thing that does stuff, man I've been waiting for one of those :P:D

Here's the thread http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...opic=111055&hl=

Why doesnt some higher end airsoft gun companies like CA, TM and G&G put a little sensor that clips into a hop-up chamber with a small hole in it and wont the gun fire unless a BB is in the chamber. It will let people know easier if the mag is empty or if the gun jammed. Also it shouldnt dirve the price up way too much because AEGs are fired using wires and stuff. It shouldnt affect the ROF either because the "tournament" paintball gun are can over 20 rounds a second.

AEGs are fired with a motor, and some fancy mechanics. No special circuitry involved what-so-ever. High end paintball guns with eyes need them to prevent chops. Also, because a paintball gun is controlled electronically by means of a solenoid actuating the actual firing mechanism i.e. hammer or bolt, it can control each shot. On your average AEG, the semi auto system is completely mechanical, and mechanically disconnects your trigger on each shot. On your average electronic paintball setup, your trigger is connected to a normal switch. In standard semi-auto mode, when the switch is closed, it pulses the solenoid, or electronic actuator to fire the paintball gun.

In short:

Electric markers:

Trigger -> Switch -> Control Board -> Solenoid -> Actual mechanics of gun

Standard AEG:

Trigger -> Actual mechanics of gun.

I can't explain this very simply, but because the system is direct on an AEG, there is little you can do to disable firing of the gun electronically, short of some fancy electronics (which is shown in the post above), or a pretty modified gearbox.

Archived