Taking Mp5 gearbox to M4 body.

Noodle_2000

Alright, I plan on taking my Mp5 Gearbox and putting it into a spare M4 body I have. Just to make sure is this all that I have to switch on the gearbox?

-Trigger

-Selector Plate

-Air Nozzle

-Spring Guide (one with screw)

If I'm missing anything I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me.

Thanks,

Gary B.

Belladonna

but.. for it to work with the different distance to the magazines.. no issues?

likewise.. the selector plate ..?

I know that the V2 is a v2 is a V2(non rocket)... but still.. some parts?

You HAVE to change the trigger & selector plate. The MP5 nozzle will work in a M4 hop, maybe not perfectly though.

Does your MP5 gearbox shell have the cutouts at the rear? If not, then you'll never get your M4 receivers to close.

Does your MP5 gearbox shell have the cutouts at the rear? If not, then you'll never get your M4 receivers to close.

The ver.2 cutouts are needed only for M16/M4/SR models that have shotgun break takedown - they allow the frame tabs to swing past. Otherwise, with early model TM M16s, CA, or models with the 1-pc hop-up, that slide the upper receiver forward during disassembly, the cutouts are not necessary. Reassembly of the M16/M4 will consequently be in the old-style "gearbox in upper receiver first". In any case, its quite possible to cut/file/grind cut-outs on an MP5 ver.2 gearbox.

Cut outs are always usefull IMHO anyway. Don't weaken the box, allow for it to go into more bodies, makes it easy to see if the spring is compressed or not, and (IMHO) aids with the takedown of a GB.

no reason not to have them, really.

Just thought I'd chip that it... ;)

Sometimes I really don't think.

I was implying the nozzle there, so thanks for whomever posted. I thought that there would be some difference. Kinda shows that I prefer the gas guns huh? :D

Archived