Tears of the Sun

JColt

Ok, searched to the point of dying as i refuse to duplicate threads, i can't find anything so here goes.

2003_tears_of_the_sun_003.jpg

Im sure that Waters gun is an M4 with front RIS and some sort of PEQ box? Also an aimpont.

What i'm really after is his kit, i think...its ALICE webbing with all of his kit on a belt, sort of like a belt with shoulder harnesses to hold it all up, i hope...

Anyone know better, gear eludes my brain, also is the camo DPM? :blink:

J.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it this is about right then from that linked thread, Waters is just Alice gear, no assault vest?

For webgear, I'd use the following:

ALICE:

H Suspenders

4 m16 style Mag pouches, modified: Cut the grenade hangers off and cut the fabric dividers out... they should be able to hold at least 2 m14 mags each (unless someone has a better idea)

Alice Butt pack

2 Canteens and covers

Kbar (taped to shoulder strap on H suspenders)

Compass pouch (small square pouch... Mount to other shoulder strap)

Jungle boots (don't blouse your pants... to let the water run out)

wear a boonie hat or OD bandage / bandana as a head wrap

Bits and pieces:

Look for replica parachute flare to tape to your Kbar (or a Real one if you can get it)

Look for one of those strobe loaders to mount between your shoulder blades (or if you can afford one buy a real one biggrin.gif)

I've been know to throw some old fashioned US DIVERS duck feet fins on the back of my gear for show (for about five minutes until I decide that an extra 5 lbs. of useless ###### hanging off my back is not worth "the look").

this should look authentic for fairly current loadout (at least as late as the mid 90's... you are using woodland bdus so this stuff was issued at the same time) and it shouldn't break the bank.

Good luck,

I didn't actually read that thread i must confess, the title threw me miles off.

Yeah, Lt Waters styled one, i'm only starting out, i thought that its simple enough for airsoft, only being simple i couldn't work out what it was, and frankly assault vests don't do it for me, i have just noticed he has a belt kit and a belt the webbing is on, odd.

They are actually a non-issue suspender type with a drag handle, you can see them from the back early on in the movie while they are still at the mission retrieving Monica Bellucci. I think BHI(blackhawk industries) makes something like them but I believe the ones in the movie are an old style HSGI design that is no longer in production, not 100% sure on that though.

The prop company auctioned off their loadouts on eBay. Here's the kitlist for each person, straight from the auctions way back when.

Waters: Set includes BLACKHAWK H-harness, two M16 pouches, Blackhawk Buttpack w/radio pouch attached, 1 qt. canteen w/ cover and black snap-link. Black Riggers belt w/two three cell pistol mag pouches and left-handed Mark23 SOCOM drop style holster. Cut-off Black Nomex gloves (not in photo). Timex G-shock watch. SEAL 2000 KNIFE not included.

Red: Set includes BLACKHAWK Omega vest, one M60 pouch, pistolbelt,Blackhawk Buttpack w/radio pouch attached, M.O.L.L.E. pouch and Hydrastorm waterbag w/cover. Right-handed Mark23 SOCOM drop style holster

Zee: Set includes Grenadier's vest, load carrying harness, first aid pouch, drop style M4 Pouches, pistolbelt, Blackhawk Buttpack w/radio pouch attached, pistol mag pouch, KBAR sheath and Black riggers belt. Right-handed Mark23 SOCOM drop style holster

Doc: Set includes BLACKHAWK Omega Grenadier's vest, 2 qt canteen w/cover, first aid pouch (w/ EMT scissors, penlight, compress bandage),2 M16 pouches, pistolbelt and pistol mag pouch. Right-handed olive drab drop style holster for SIG handgun. BLACKHAWK MEDICS RUCKSACK (NO CONTENTS).

Lake: Set includes U.S. Issue Camo Load Bearing Vest, first aid pouch , snaplink, Camo buttpack, radio pouch, pace beads, pistolbelt and pistol mag pouch. Right-handed drop style holster for Mark 23 SOCOM handgun. Blackhawk Drop style shotgun shell ammo pouch.

Slo: Set includes London Bridge Trading Company Riverine MG Load Bearing Harness,W/first aid pouch , snaplink, Dual machine-gun ammo pouches, utility pouch w/ strobe pouch, buttpack, 1 qt canteen w/cover, pistolbelt and pistol mag pouch. BLACKHAWK 3-day assault pack w/unique combat art SEAL logo. Right-handed drop style holster for handgun

Silk: Set includes BLACKHAWK Load Bearing Harness, snaplink, Dual pistol ammo pouches, 4 rifle ammo pouches, hydrastorm water bladder w/cover, pistolbelt and radio pouch. BLACKHAWK 3-day assault pack. Right-handed drop style holster for handgun

Flea: Set includes U.S. Issue Camo Load Bearing Vest, snaplink, Dual M16 ammo pouches, pistol ammo pouch, hydrastorm water bladder w/cover, Camo buttpack and pistolbelt. BLACKHAWK 3-day assault pack w/ unique combat art "ASHES TO ASHES". Right-handed drop style holster for handgun.

Your a God! :D

EDIT - do you have the link for the website mate, it says pictures, just be nice to see.

Also, any ideas what best is on the harness? Blackhawk make two harnesses

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=35LBS1&C=C1109

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=35SS00&C=C1110

Im assuming its the bottom one i want as that uses a seperate belt system?

Sorry man, I got the list from someone who saved it, I don't believe he saved the photos.

The first link is the complete flotation system. The second is just the harness. you want just the harness, because they used a black riggers belt (1.5" wide v. the 2" wide web belt).

Ah i see, and also the belt will have the Alice grommets on them, duh! :blush:

EDIT - isn't the riggers belt the pistol belt, i thought the one on the harness is more like a standard alice belt one, as the picture above shows it has the alice hole things on them, new problem then, are the pouches alice or just clip on ones?

Would this kind of thing work with alice stuff and the suspenders?

http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/a9/68/cbab_1.JPG

Slightly offtopic, but one thing I don't understand. It's the trouser blousing. Don't the jungle boots dry faster, when the BDU pants are bloused? You'd imagine that the cotton (oldschool ftw) on the boots dries faster, with no extra layer of cotton on them.

Slightly offtopic, but one thing I don't understand. It's the trouser blousing. Don't the jungle boots dry faster, when the BDU pants are bloused? You'd imagine that the cotton (oldschool ftw) on the boots dries faster, with no extra layer of cotton on them.

You'd also imagine that they might want to keep parasites, such as ticks and fleas, from crawling up their trousers.

You'd also imagine that they might want to keep parasites, such as ticks and fleas, from crawling up their trousers.

Bugs are going to get on you no matter what you do. Unblousing your boots helps to circulate air in your pants and cool you down. Same with unbuttoning your fly, but airsofters don't need to go that extreme, unless you guys are big into long ruckmarches in summer heat to get to a game.

As for the boots... unblousing lets all the water run out instead of directing it into your boot, however, I haven't noticed any big difference in drying time between the two with the exception that the black jungle boots dry much faster than any desert boot.

Archived