UK Police Armed Response/CO19

Been wanting to make this thread for a while as the Americans seem to have a thread for every single sub division of every branch of their armed services. After asking permission from a mod I got the go ahead to start this thread. Its for loadouts based on UK Police Armed Response Units and the Met's CO19 division. I know a number of members have such loadouts but they would be inappropriate in the SWAT thread. So to kick things off, heres a few of me and my team.

img_4385-1.jpg

CNV00025.jpg

CNV00023.jpg

CNV00022-1.jpg

CNV00015-1.jpg

Some more recent pictures of the team.

000_0016.jpg

000_0017.jpg

000_0018.jpg

000_0019.jpg

I'll post some more up later.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know from previous threads that some of the stuff you guys wear can be pretty difficult to source...but is it expensive to put together? And do you have any ex- or serving police officers on your team?

R_Buxton, the small chap with the short dark hair is a serving officer in South Yorkshire Police. Bella is joining the police shortly I understand. yes the kit is a right pain to source and expensive too but the best way around that is to start with replica kit and gradually build up to real issue kit.

I'll have to see if my mate tom has any pics of his kit around... not technicaly a brit police loadout, but he's got something rather close; Riot armour (leg and arm guards and so on), S10 respirator, Black helmet, black trousers and shirt, black vest, black everything. Looks rather SAS/CO19, IMHO.

EDIT - Pic. As I said, not strictly Police, but is it close enough? That's for you guys to tell me :P

th_Image004.jpg

Edited again as I didn't realize the pic was smegging huge ;) jsut a thumbnail linking to the image now :)

Edited by MDK_Marshal

I was at bristol airport for something a while back... possibly when I went to france with me (now ex) Girlfriend, but that's not relevant... There were at least 2 armed officers there, both with G36c's, with the standard 10 round loads in the mags, and no optics, just iron sights.

Take the minor details with a pinch of salt, mind, it was at least a year or two ago and I *have* been drinking tonight, so... yeah. Definately G36c's, though.

Also, my mum claimed that when she went to manchester a few days ago there were police with some kind of huge gun... didn't ask for details as she's not a gun nut, but from the sounds of it I'd guess at something like G3 length, probably a bit shorter. Anybody got any idea what this could be?

Last time I saw armed police I think they were carrying MP5A4s with iron sights but that was quite a while ago.

this varies per force...

I was at bristol airport for something a while back... possibly when I went to france with me (now ex) Girlfriend, but that's not relevant... There were at least 2 armed officers there, both with G36c's, with the standard 10 round loads in the mags, and no optics, just iron sights.

Take the minor details with a pinch of salt, mind, it was at least a year or two ago and I *have* been drinking tonight, so... yeah. Definately G36c's, though.

Also, my mum claimed that when she went to manchester a few days ago there were police with some kind of huge gun... didn't ask for details as she's not a gun nut, but from the sounds of it I'd guess at something like G3 length, probably a bit shorter. Anybody got any idea what this could be?

'huge gun' to a non gun nut can be anything from a derringer to a artilery piece...

alice:g36k with a psg1 stock? havin a larf?

they use G3sg1s with psg stocks for some dmr roles, but l96s too...

g36cs with optical carry handles are quite common too.