UK Police Armed Response/CO19

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some images on Armed Response Units you can check for building your loadout:

54642_375x375.jpg

armed_response.jpg

_41377133_armedpolicepa203.jpg

_41035282_bradford_shooting5_416pa.jpg

300.jpg

I guess some are using MP5A5 and G36C and different loadouts per county. Is the guy in the second picture holding a Steyr Aug or a FN P90? I can't seem to figure out the type of bullpup weapon it is.

What do you think?

could be a wide range of things but probably a G36C  ;) Though I think CO19 do use a G3K + PSG-1 stock for sniper roles

alice:g36k with a psg1 stock? havin a larf?

you're reading comprehension fails, and Leadmills post even has a picture of what I'm talking about, in fact its the first picture

i know the gun alice, ive helped leadmill plan his g3...

and i think this topic could do with some differentiation between Arus, and CO19... different turnouts, undercover, patrol, tactical, etc... as this changes the look massively...

main arms, and sidearms are varied per force.

SART for example, are just equipping with g36cs to match south yorks police, our local force, and sidearms, well, as close as we can get to the s&ws they use...

Thanks for the heads up Alice you rock! Bella you need to help find me a source for the shorter G3 flashider that i'll need if I get the stock.

Also Bella I want my camera back so I can put up the photos from the 15th, or is it still somewhere in your 'floordrobe'?

Edit: Fudge, guy says he's in the process of trading for it with a load of stuff. Ah well looks like i'll have to keep looking.

Edited by Leadmill

Making it mostly out of flexible MDF ply with probably a light metal alloy sheet cut to shape and bolted to the front. The straps will be leather or cut up viper duty belts as they have the flexibility and strength needed. Its one of the smaller tactical shields. I think that turning up to a skirmish with a full size one would a) be in practical as I don't drive :DB) be to heavy to skirmish with for more than few mins as it i'd have to keep picking it up and putting it down.

Drat, ah well i'll stick with my scope for now! On another point of interest currently making one of these :-

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzi...ieldarticle.jpg

I cant wait till you've made that. I'm deff playing on the opposite side so I can shoot you in the kneecaps :P

Here are some images on Armed Response Units you can check for building your loadout:

_41377133_armedpolicepa203.jpg

What do you think?

Thats my little bro, said photo now adorns the walls of the homes of several of my family members.....there's not a photo of me to be seen mind, the flash git :angry: That reminds me, he's got some great photos from G8 of cops from different forces with various weapons, two City of London snipers had very snazzy sniper rifles. Gonna have to get them from him and post them.

Belladonna  Jul 24 2007, 11:32 PM 

main arms, and sidearms are varied per force.

SART for example, are just equipping with g36cs to match south yorks police, our local force, and sidearms, well, as close as we can get to the s&ws they use...

South Yorks use S&Ws? Interesting. Most forces seem to use Glocks, though I know Fife Police uses Sig Sauers (P228's I think), and I'm sure I saw a photo of AFO's in Liverpool with P99's. I thought all the UK forces had some 'buy European' policy re firearms....

Thats my little bro, said photo now adorns the walls of the homes of several of my family members.....there's not a photo of me to be seen mind, the flash git  :angry: That reminds me, he's got some great photos from G8 of cops from different forces with various weapons, two City of London snipers had very snazzy sniper rifles. Gonna have to get them from him and post them.

South Yorks use S&Ws? Interesting. Most forces seem to use Glocks, though I know Fife Police uses Sig Sauers (P228's I think), and I'm sure I saw a photo of AFO's in Liverpool with P99's. I thought all the UK forces had some 'buy European' policy re firearms....

Most have S&W's (the nice stainless steel ones too) I'm pretty sure I've seen a few sigs strapped to the belts of the guys in tescos too. Its a bit odd when you go into tescos at 3am and theres a couple of armed police staring at the pork pies and sausage rolls :P

Edited by evansy