UNCompany

Hi,

I bought a TM SR-16 off UNCompany on Friday the 1st of June. I brought it to my local skirmish site for it's first game but after its first 500rds or so it stripped a gear.

I sent UNCompany an e-mail telling them what had happend and they said that they couldnt repalce or refund it because it had been used (how the hell can you tell if your gun is working properly unless you use it???).

I sent another e-mail to them saying that if I did not recive a replacement or refund that I would leave negitave feedback here, so here it is.

When they replied they said that they would send me a replacement gear in my next order, basically I told them to :ranting2: off and that I would not be making any orders with them because they are a croud of scumbags and I do not have the ability to take apart this gearbox.

I sent a few more e-mails and recived a replys to them all but they did not offer any replacement or refund, I would like to show you the replies I got as some of them are very funny but unfortuneatly I marked my last 25 recived e-mails as spam, deleting them (I now have spamgaurd off so I can recive e-mails).They have not replied to any of my recent e-mails and its obvious they are ignoring me.

I you are planning on ordering off these :ranting2: I would advise you against it because if there is any problem I belive they will just ###### you off and you wll not get any refund,replacement ect...

I do however reccomend www.rsov.com. He can get you any product from WGCshop and Redwolf Airsoft (also good compaines) and has proably the best feedback record ever and great prices.

Liamo

So they offered to send a replacement for the defective part but you refused?

UNCompany did the right thing IMHO, i know from my first hand (not in airsoft retailing tho) experience that processing refunds is very expensive for companies. Factor in retutrn postage costs, labour cost of the person(s) processing your return and writing off the wholesale cost and lost profit of a second hand gun that cannot be sold and you can see why they don't want to refund you.

If they offered to make good, and you refused then thats your problem really.

yes, if you buy a car and the spark plugs defective, you dont get a new car. and if your not capable of taking the gun apart yourself you will have to get someone to do it for you. there should be ample people able to do it at your local site.

as far as sending you a replacement gun, what do you intend on doing with the old one prey tell? paying to have it shipped back to Hong Kong is costly and to be honest not worth the cost of a stripped gear, say £30 postage to HK to send it back, and since UNCompany are sending you another package you have to pay postage on that too, so say another £30, thats £60 for a stripped gear, when you could buy a gear and get someone to swap it for you for next to nothing

UNCompany are a very reliable, honest and trustworth company, but like i tell evaryone, if your not competent in taking guns apart, or dont know anyone who can do it for you, DONT buy from HK, buy from the UK with a 12 month warrenty

Yes but they only said if I made another order which a: I dint want any further dealings with them and B: There wasnt anything they had that I wanted.

then you should have offered to pay postage on that one item, would have cost a couple of quid max for just one gear.

at the end of the day there is no warrenty on the product, and you did fire off more than a couple of hi-caps worth so technically the gun was in working order when it was recieved. so thats any HK shops responcibility for the order delt with, they didnt even need to offer you the new gear free

quick question, how do you know a gear is stripped if you are unable to open the gearbox?

if TM offers a 30 day guarentte you can take it up with them, UNCompany however offer no warrenty on goods shipped abroad

and the problem with your annalogy is you didnt just go and get it (Cars come with warrentys if you buy from a garage) it was sent to you so returning it is only an option if

A) they allow you to do so, many companys dont accept returns on goods that have been to a skirmish, for all they know you took it to a skirmish and saw someones G36 and thought, "actually id like one of those" so you want to send it back to buy a G36, OR you had a broken gearbox in a gun and swapped it over simply to get a free new gearbox

B) and of course when the part costs a measly £5 and shipping is going to be £60 return for a replacement gun, just admit you should probably have bought one from the UK that came with a warrenty.

like i say, UNCompany is under no obligation to offer you the new gear free with your next order, doing so was very very good of them, and more than you would get from other companys. if TM do offer 30 day warrenty then its them you need to take the claim up with rather than attacking UNCompany who have already offered a solution beyond what they could have done.

EDIT:

I do not have the ability to take apart this gearbox.

well since you have learned how since conversing with them, your now able to do put the gear in place. id suggest taking this oppertunity to upgrade the gearbox and put in some nicer components

You said it stripped a gear?

Surely thats no more than a couple of quid?

Save yourself the bother and just buy a new gear, if you were willing to incur the costs (and risks) of ordering an AEG from abroad then you can obviously afford a new gear..

TM are usually extremely reliable, and so taking this gun to a friend or shop will be a far quicker fix than trying to quibble with retailers/companies over a tiny part..

As far as im concerned Unco are the best retailer in HK ,ive ordered £1000+ worth of gear and only once had a problem with a missing battery from an order , emails Suki Lam (shop manager at the time i think ) and two days later new battery and free speedloader for my troubles

If apporoached in a decent manner im sure they would have been willing to sort the problem out for you

What have we learnt? Well, I think what we've learnt is that ordering from HK is not necessarily worth the saving. Yes, you might save money, but you lose that lovely shiney warranty you get from a UK retailer.

:zorro:

I agree, with AEG's anyway.

Though if you are competant with repairs, or stick to pistols and parts, you can save a lot of money ordering with GnG or AG.

With AEG's, the saving you make is often cancelled out with postage, import fees, and lack of warranty.

UN actually went a step farther then most Hong Kong Based retailers would in offering to send you a replacment part. Dentrinity, WGC, GnG, Redwolf and other HK retailers specifically state they do NOT provide warranties on the products they sell. I'm sure even Keith at RSOV woudl be the same in this situation.

I had a TM M4 R.I.S. fail a few days after receiving it from Redwolf. They did and offered absolutley nothing to "fix" the problem, but I knew before hand this was a risk I was taking by ordering direct from HK instead of a local retailer that offered a warranty.

UN as well as other Hong Kong retailers make it pretty clear what they "cover" and sorry to say your specific situtation falls under not covered.

I'm not even sure this can be considered a "problem with sales online" since most of us who have ordered internationally from Hong Kong, know this is a risk of doing so. This is a long standing policy from most HK retailers.

Just FYI unless you live and bought a Tokyo-Marui AEG in Japan, there is no warranty of any kind.

I've spent a few thousand with them this year alone. they are great. You take a risk using a retailer so far away if you can't do the work yourself if anything goes wrong but you go there in the first place because they are cheap and have more exotic gear. Maybe spend your extra money buying closer to home next time so you've a warranty.

No point comparing RSOV to them as they sell good quality parts whereas RSOV is Chinese copy knock-off parts. They're getting ther in quality but they've a wee way to go yet.

I understand that you are upset at the retailer,but in order to refund your money you would need to ship it back ( not cheap ). I have spent well over $4000 on UNCompany and I never have had any problems besides getting a shipment a little late. I enjoy ordering from them because they are nice, and have a vast selection. I recently bought around $900 of parts from them and everything was there and it was packed very well so nothing would break. Over all UN is a good retailer, but its hard to do returns worldwide as a retailer.

save up some more money. .make another order with UNCo. .and have them "throw in" the replacement gear in the shipping. . .simple.

If I was UNCo. .I wouldn't spend the money on shipping a single gear to you either. It's a waste of shipping. . pay $10-20 shipping for a $3 part.

and as someone already said. .unless you bought the gun in Japan, live in Japan or the gun broke while you were in Japan. . you ain't getting any type of warranty from Marui. You bought the gun from an HK shop. . you're in a different country, the gun was bought in a different country. .the guns origin is from a different country. .

Archived