Transformers! Robots in disguise!

aznsk8s87

Oh, okay. So when someone pops out of nowhere and begins firing he has to pop off his cap and then begin firing which will take a few seconds. In a fire fight those few seconds are pretty valuable.

Which might explain so much of the blue on blue. Sand=scratched lens.

So, friendly pops up,,,,,,,,,,,,quick shoot him/her/it,,,,,I duno I couldn't see it, I was just in a hurry to defend myself, country, way of life etc, etc.

Alternatively, you could always keep the vital optics protected & when something pops up, take cover & decide weather or not to engage!! :P

Or even take the time to open the covers & whilst doing that consider what you are actually aiming at.

You of course are dead right: The first few seconds are critical & using them to decide on the CORRECT action is also critical.

You might also want to leave it turned on, to save that too. Of course then the battery might go flat.

Leaving your finger on the trigger could save valuable time, we all know what a good idea that is. As would holding the gun in the shouldered, firing position..........But you know what, it starts to hurt after the first 3 days.

Greg.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is everyone here a smartass who likes to twist words?

I am not gonna bother arguing with you anymore. I am just pointing out things that don't look right to me. So *fruitcage* off mate.

(Also, if someone pops up firing at me. They aren't a friendly.)

I use iron-sights, less complications, less chance of failure.

Besides people tend to use Aiming devices as a crutch anyways.

I have yet to see transformers (despite Transformers being my favorite child hood thing.)

You need to change that, stat. Transformers has probably been one of my favorite action movies this year... followed by Shoot 'Em Up!. Go see Transformers while it's still in the theaters... for the Hotness that is Megan Fox is worth it alone. :blink:

I am not gonna bother arguing with you anymore. I am just pointing out things that don't look right to me. So *fruitcage* off mate.

Dude, you really need to chill.

Out of interest why do US troops insist on giving the enemy a fantastic intel picture for free by wearing all these SF badges and other giveaways?

In the British Army we did our utmost to keep the enemy guessing by keeping distinctive markings off kit

Just curious as from a military point of view its very poor drills?

Out of interest why do US troops insist on giving the enemy a fantastic intel picture for free by wearing all these SF badges and other giveaways?

In the British Army we did our utmost to keep the enemy guessing by keeping distinctive markings off kit

Dunno, maybe it's so the enemy will spend it's time/resources tracking the obvious SF unit and will fail to notice the less obvious ones... :blink:

Perhaps because in the first instance, they're at a base in a friendly nation and in the second they were fighting aliens who really don't care which humans they're fighting while on American soil?

Or, more likely, Hollywood loves to have SF advertise the fact that they're SF in movies that aren't based fully on reality. It saves them the hassle of having to explain that they are SF, which branches they belong to, &c. It also saves the audience the hassle of trying to figure it out on their own through subtle clues that the writers and/or directors could leave in the movie.

Also, apparently the SF guys in Transformers are supposed based on GI Joe characters.

Archived