• Swiss
    • Russian KMLK
    • Russian Schofield
    • Russian Other
    • Commercial hunting pattern
    • Ghillie suit
    • 3D Leafy suit
    • Other (please specify)
    • I can't wait for new digital patterns (ACU, TigerPat Plus, etc.)
    • What I'd really like to see is... (please describe)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They ain't me think its someone over in california that posted these up somewhere but I should take some pic of my own to add I suppose, I have a marpat uniform but I think its asian reproduction which is fairly close but no cigar

*edit* like in my sig

its all well and good with digital stills being taken of people in prepared (or unprepared positions).. but what about for actual movement.

If someone takes some vids of a couple (or few) people in different camouflage walking in front of a camera.. you can then see which one disrupts patterns well too.

its all well and good with digital stills being taken of people in prepared (or unprepared positions).. but what about for actual movement.

Movement always gives you away. The main mission of camouflage is to give you the tactical advantage when you're stationary and the other guy's moving. So you see him - shoot him before he sees you - shoots you.

my point though is that camouflage is not just a 'disruptive pattern' but it should also be affecting your depth perseption too.. a shot that you think a person is about 15m away.. when he/she/it is not only further than that.. but moving faster than you thought.. The camouflage can also blend in with naturallly moving (wind generated) branches and other flora..

THAT is what I am on about.

Different camos work in different areas/lighting once again.

Sometimes in some of the bush here, NZ DPM roxors, yet others, such as MARPAT (early) have worked eXtremely well on the move.. (once again.. conditions dependent).

I have numerous sets of camo that I swap out depending on the terrain. In spring and summer, I'm usually in DPM. In fall and winter, I wear Flecktarn. I also have a set of woodland for places that I know it works better in (Bloody few). And for when I go out to the Southwest, I've got a set of 6 color deserts.

Archived