• Swiss
    • Russian KMLK
    • Russian Schofield
    • Russian Other
    • Commercial hunting pattern
    • Ghillie suit
    • 3D Leafy suit
    • Other (please specify)
    • I can't wait for new digital patterns (ACU, TigerPat Plus, etc.)
    • What I'd really like to see is... (please describe)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that maybe, but the canadians copied flecktarn....

No.

And the Americans then copied Canada, so no for them, too.

this is quight a silly question! why ask which you prefure! the British DPM is by far the best because the best army in the world use it and the yanks have coppied the desightn along with the french! :flamed:

And who came up with the concept of camouflage BDUs? not the Brits... not the Frenchies... and sure as hell not the Americans...

It was the Germans... they invented it and they perfected it... The end product was Flecktarn :D

Then the Americans came along, screwed everything up, claimed they invented it, and then said it was "perfect" (along with practically everything else) ;)

yup, entering *both* world wars late and claiming tat without them the winning side wouldnt have won. claiming they inveted the jet engine, the car, the actual plane itsself. i mean come on, what have the americans invented that isnt yoinked/adapted from somewhere esle?

And who came up with the concept of camouflage BDUs? not the Brits... not the Frenchies... and sure as hell not the Americans...

It was the Germans... they invented it and they perfected it... The end product was Flecktarn  :D 

Then the Americans came along, screwed everything up, claimed they invented it, and then said it was "perfect" (along with practically everything else)  ;)

:waggle: Guess you mean multi-coloured camouflage uniforms, cause the first army that used camouflage and not tiny coloured uniforms were the british colonial forces in sand/khaki ;)

First personal multi-coloured camouflage was the "mimikri" used by the german in World War One painted on helmets.

First standard camouflage used by US troops must have been the pacific camo at the end of World War Two, at this time, the german armed forces ( Wehrmacht/Army, Luftwaffen Felddivisionen/Airborne Troops and the military organisations of the political organisation) had many different camouflage types, mostly specific to the troop part. ;)

Lololol I just knew my last post would get you flecky lads up in arms!! I live in Camden and every soap dodger there seems to be wearing German Parkas /flecky stuff (the market is full of it!!) and the like - you might as well turn up with a dog on a bit of string and try and flog copies of the big issue at your next skirmish :P:P:P:P:P

<~~grabs his M4 and heads for the hills - before the tactical Flame Strike comes in

:waggle:  Guess you mean multi-coloured camouflage uniforms, cause the first army that used camouflage and not tiny coloured uniforms were the british colonial forces in sand/khaki ;)

Mono-coloured uniforms are not considered camouflaged - camouflage inherently means multi-coloured.

Anyways, the first troops to wear a subdued coloured field uniform (green - in order to blend into their surroundings better) were the Austrian and Prussian Jaeger of the Napoleonic Wars.

"Khaki" is Hindi (or is it Urdu?) for dust - the Brits got that idea from the Indians.

:P

and this *is* an English forum/website, and seeing as the yanks dragged us into the iraq war (im my opinion) and the proceeded to kill us becuase they 'thought' we were "the enemy" well, lol americans so stupid!

Your an idiot, no country can drag us into a war without our Government deciding to send our troops there. So, America hasn't actually done anything wrong, but friendly fire, but it's a war, I'm sure we shot a few American troops, but that's all over now. The resoration of Iraq is alot more controlled and organized, we know where everyone is (nearly).

Oh, and as I can see by you posting on this forum, you're not in Iraq right now, so, you don't have a clue what you're on about. Read some books about past wars (ie: Gulf War I), then you'll understand how the grunts feel, hell, some of them got court-martialed for trying to stay in Iraq when everyone pulled out.

So, unless you are sure every single British soldier is as thick and cowardly as you, don't post something like that again.

Friendly fire happens, they go into war knowing that they could be shot by ANYONE. They still go, and they're damn heroes.

Archived