• Swiss
    • Russian KMLK
    • Russian Schofield
    • Russian Other
    • Commercial hunting pattern
    • Ghillie suit
    • 3D Leafy suit
    • Other (please specify)
    • I can't wait for new digital patterns (ACU, TigerPat Plus, etc.)
    • What I'd really like to see is... (please describe)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God sake, I love the "lol americans so stupid evil and BTW: WOODLAND CAMO SUX!" consensus on this board.

Exsqueeze me? It's the 3rd most popular camo in the poll. Some people don't like it, but I' hardly call it a 'consensus of this board'.

Anyway, seems the USMC weren't too pleased with it either :P

:waggle: It really irritates me, when people refer to the three-colour VSR camouflage patterns as 'Schofield'. Take a look in Dennis Desmond's Camouflage uniforms of the Soviet Union and Russia, and you'll eventually find the page on which he admits that he made up the name because he saw author Carey Schofield wearing it, in the pic on the back flap of a dust jacket.
  • 2 weeks later...

me6im.jpg

I have no loyalty to any camo pattern. I'm just using US woodland at the momnet because i found a boonie, shirt and trousers that match perfectly. I hate nothing more than having the same camo go into spastic changes in tone becasue the jaket was not made buy the same people as the trouser or boonie. It works fine for the area i play in. I'm just going to use it until i can get my hands on a full set of multicam BDU. And thanks to my OD gear it won't look stupid with the multicam.

I think I make woodland look good, but that could just be me ^_^.

Irish Camoflage! Thats the only one which is more or less impossible to get hold of!!!!!

When were you thinking of starting production? Can i suggest its more like S95 gear than BDUs, i.e. a USEFUL jacket with lots of big pockets, a shirt and trousers as opposed to a jacket with 4 weeny pockets and no weather resistance?!

you can, but the ones you buy aren't as good as the one you make because production ghillies to take into account your specific area but are generic- unless you odn't know how to make one which in that case it's better to purchase

Hey, isn't Brit DPM just a updated copy of what the US SF and Aussie SF wore in Vietnam, tiger stripe?

Okay, now that I've stopped laughing.... British Disruptive Pattern Material camo was/is an evolution of the Denison and Windproof camo patterns developed by Britain in WWII. It bears absolutely no resemblance to the Vietnamese tiger Stripe patterns (which were evolutions of French Lizard Pattern) later adopted by the American Special Forces. Besides that, DPM was already under development when those patterns were introduced.

:P

I guess your thanks for us saving your a$$ from the Germans has wore off

Hmmm, I wonder how you come to that conclusion? Let's see, Britain entered WWII in September 1939 when Germany invaded Poland, then successfully repelled the Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain in August/September 1940. All through the rest of 1940 and 1941 Britain and her colonies and other European Allies continued to fight against Hitler and Mussolini in Europe and Africa. Meanwhile, the US was neutral - until the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour in December 1941.

On the other hand, the Soviet Union entered the war in June 1941 when Hitler invaded. They went on to destroy more than 80% of all German divisions engaged in combat in WWII. The Red Army also wiped out more German troops in one campaign on the Eastern Front in the summer of 1944 then the entire number of German soldiers posted on the Western Front.

Time for you to go figure. :waggle:

JKT 1

My question about the Brit camo was just that a question, I have never seen it, even when I was in the army, I never ran into any Brits so,again, never seen the stuff. Since I was last here I checked it out on the net, not bad looking stuff, much better than the crappy woodland we had to wear.That being said, I must say that your views about WW II are a tad bit off and funny at best. Yes we didnt get into it until Dec 1941, but if it was not for our illegal lend/lease program y'all would have been fighting Hitler with rocks and eating grass.So as for your love of the Russians and what they did, sorry again, they were in the same boat, but the statement is understandable as to what I have heard about the Britis public. Anyhow, thanks for the heads up about y'all and I still think your camo is cool, hell I even ordered a set the other day.Oh and for the record, the Russians only out numbered the Germans at about 100 to 1 and were willing to slaughter millions of their own people in the fight. I would not be putting them up as the poster child of WW II. But again, how quickly y'all seem to forget. Like I said thanks for the heads up, say howdy to France for me, short memories seem to run in Europe.

:rant on:

I saw something on the news a while ago.

It was about some article in a american newspaper where a few norwegians criticized Bush, then a norwegian tv-team asked a man from new york what he thought of it.

He said that Norway could shut the *fruitcage* up because the Americans saved us in WWII.

I mean WTF! is that about.

The Americans didn't arrive in Norway until the Russians and the British had defeated the germans here i Norway.

The russians started in the north and pushed the germans all the way through Norway.

And then all they did was handing out some chewing gum and leave for home.

Ok, so the americans provided the Marshall Help and got parts of Europe`s economy on it`s feet again, but you didn`t save us in WWII.

Oh ... and where does the white Americans forefathers come from again ? :rolleyes:

:drumroll: tada! Europe and Russia (Not sure if they`re a part of europe)

:rant off:

Mods : sorry for all the offtopic

I use US woodland camo(bought it of my cousin when he resigned from Bosnian army after the war), Slovenian army uniform (mine) and a black uniform. I use a digital camo west.

MARPAT rulez!!!!!CADPAT suxorz!!!!!!!!!!!DPM and Flecktarn are awesome. Also Woodland is also very awesome.Also ACU from the Army looks very cool. But it got its looks from the USMC which got its design from the Flecktarn which got its design from WWII German Camo.

Archived