Myroslav - awaiting reimbursement

H&K

Hi all,

Basically I offered to buy a CA36C off this seller. The gun was apparently lost in the post, so he agreed to get the insurance from the Royal Mail, he said they had paid it into his account, I am now waiting for it to be sent to me. But it has been 3 weeks since his last communication to me. It is with regret I post in this section.

*edit* original sale thread:CA36C

Price agreed and I offered to send him a cheque with the payment:

Myroslav

Re: ca36c sale, Mar 7 2007, 07:39 AM

thats fine mate

my adress is

<snip>

cheers if ya give me yours ill send it off the min the cheque clears if thats okay with you...(ive had a few bad experiences with cheques bouncing) but im sure your trustworthy but just to be on the safe side wink.gif

cheers

anymore queries just let me know.

Now this is where it gets a little complicated. The seller was also a member of ASCUK under the alias 'happy'. We exchanged PM via either forum so I got this a few days later:

happy

Re: ca36c, Mar 12 2007, 13:58 PM

hey mate

gun has been posted

good doing buisness with you

cheers

So that was all good. Yet after a week it hadn't arrived yet. So I asked what had happened, getting this in reply:

happy

Re: ca36c, Mar 19 2007, 19:04 PM

hi i posted this in the 12/03/2007 at 12.49pm i have the receipt and it is insured for its full value.

i am very sorry it isnt with you yet.

if it is not with you by the end of the wekk i will enquire at my local post office.

im very sorry blink.gif

flippin royal mail mad.gif

i have also put the return adress on it so if it comes back to me ill let you know!

After several messages over several days the buyer eventually went to the post office.

happy

Re: ca36c, Mar 26 2007, 19:06 PM

hey mate my mum wen to the post office and has gotten hold of a missing parcel form...though dry.gif

anyways

well take it from here.

im really sorry about all of this ######

So he did this and got back to me regarding the insurance claim:

happy

Re: ca36c, Apr 16 2007, 17:42 PM

hello again mate

right i have chased up the postal office yet again and i have been told that i can claim back the money through the extra insurance i took out but what i need you to do for me is send me a pm with

your name and adress

the price you paid for it

the date

and if possible i know its a longshot but a cheque number would be helpful aswell.

upon presentation of roof of its value i will be able to claim back the money

thanks

Typed this out and sent it to him, he sent it back to make sure it was correct:

happy

Re: ca36c, Apr 17 2007, 16:52 PM

David Cuthbertson

<address>

I paid £160 for the package by cheque on the 10th of March and the package was delivered on the 12th of March.

Thanks. David

theyre you go

So he said that would be sent off so I gave it another 10 days before I enquired again to receibed this:

happy

Re: ca36c, Apr 27 2007, 12:32 PM

all the info wass sent off to the post office hq or whatever last week i suppose were still being 'processed' cos weve not heard anything back.

ill tlk to my mum 2night and c if she can ring them or somthing

After another 10 days or so I get this from him on Arnies:

Myroslav

hey, May 9 2007, 06:09 PM

hey i was banned of ascuk we were half way through a deal and rm lost the package not sure if its you though if it is im happy off ascuk if not just ignore this pm

cheers

So we resort back to Arnies for PMs. I asked whether he had heard from Royal Mail:

Myroslav

Re:hey, May 9 2007, 07:30 PM

yeah i got one today too saying it is being processed smile.gif

hopefully things will start looking up

So again I waited before I PM'd him again, receiving this reply:

Myroslav

Re: ca36c, May 30 2007, 10:17 AM

its all in the process bud.

i got a letter a few days ago saying i needed to prove i paid in a cheque for 160 pounds and luckily i had the receipt from the bank so i sent it off to rm.

hopefully i should hear back from them in a day or two smile.gif

So again I waited, I got this PM about a week later:

Myroslav

Re: ca36c, Jun 9 2007, 10:03 AM

hello mate.

i have been refunded by the post office and will be sending you a cheque shortly.

could you please send me your adress again and who to make the cheque out to.

I express my deepest apology for the massive waste of time this has been.

cheers

Myroslav

So I sent my address and waited for my money. Yet nothing for another 2 weeks. so I asked again what was going on.

Myroslav

Re: ca36c, Jun 24 2007, 12:04 PM

hi mate biggrin.gif

yeah ive not forgotten about you.

my building society takes 8-10 days to clear, so it will have pretty much just cleared.

ill get on it tommorow biggrin.gif

So yesterday I sent him an email and a PM asking where the cheque was, almost 3 weeks since his last PM to me saying I would post a thread in the unresolved deals section if he didn't reply in 24 hours from when I sent it. That time is up so here it is. I just want my money back, I think 5 months is long enough to wait for it.

Thanks a lot, David

Archived