Boyi BI-5281 (SPR)

Nice review :) I read it two days ago before my SPR turned up, and I must say it made me worry a little LOL

But I needn't have. Quality was excellent and I'm really happy with it. ROF isn't massive, but power, accuracy and range are all very impressive :) Thanks again to RSOV for getting this and an EBR to me so quick :D

Out of interest, did you get the full railed version like mine, or the one with rounded floating front? Ive heard of lots of problems with the full rail (5281) but hardly any with the semi-rail (5381).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TTCH I think has the Mod.0 (like me) which has rounded floating front.

To be honest the Dboy's might now be getting a good standard of internals but as said previously, I plan to use my Mod.0 until destruction "as is" from the box - I also plan to use a box mag with it so "destruction" might come sooner... :P

An interesting alternative to the SPR would be the Jing Gong M16A3 RIS. This should have a longer outer barrel (not sure about inner barrel though) but just the same amount of RIS. Main difference apart from the JG being longer than the Dboy would be the RIS - RIS on the JG is made up of segments whereas the DBoy SPR has full length, one piece, RIS - including along the top from Receiver through to front sight.

Personally, if I was buying again, I would get a JG M16 RIS purely on JG's performance (though it might be even hotter for FPS!!). In the UK, the JG's approx £20 cheaper but you don't get a bi-pod so its up to personal choice on that. ;)

EDIT - actually, in hindsight, I'm being harsh on the SPR. There are two things that mark the SPR above the M16RIS - full metal body and full length RIS along the top.

The first is something lots of people like (personally it doesnt bother me) but the 2nd item really helps stop Barrel Wobble! Sure there isn't much on the JG M16's anyway but the SPR has absolutely none...as its all held in place by that full length, full metal, one piece RIS along the top.

Edited by quinch