I'm going out on a limb here, but could we have a rule that says you're not allowed to quote something someone said, change a couple of words, and post it with the single comment "Fixed"? It was funny for a while, but it's starting to get pretty irritating, and does nothing to forward a discussion.

:zorro:

Viper: seeing how it's not against the rules, I fail to see how any of these moderators you refer to are breaking them? :D

Seriously though, if you have an issue with something, please just say it. It's much more productive doing that rather than just posting obtuse sniping comments. :P

meh, it's just one of those things.

used in moderation, and at the right time, it can be quite funny.

But as with most things on the internet (*ahem* "Username was something for this post") it ultimately becomes overused and not funny in the slightest, or used by members who don't even know how to be funny/are more interested in belittling somebody who can argue their point far better.

Not that the "username was ..." bit has ever even registered hunour with me.

Edited by hardboiledcop
meh, it's just one of those things.

used in moderation, and at the right time, it can be quite funny.

But as with most things on the internet (*ahem* "Username was something for this post") it ultimately becomes overused and not funny in the slightest, or used by members who don't even know how to be funny/are more interested in belittling somebody who can argue their point far better.

Not that the "username was ..." bit has ever even registered hunour with me.

Are you new to the internet? I think you need to take the test again. :P