Giving airsoft a bad name

WillIsGreat

FOX news has misrepresented our sport, and in reaction to this, a few people on other forums have created a petition to right this wrong. This petition would ask FOX news to air a special on airsoft showing BOTH the good and dangerous sides of airsoft. Please sign the petition and you don't really need to give away your address. Thanks.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/fox-news3...tion-of-airsoft

Also, it'd be nice if you told your fellow airsofters about this petition.

Oh ffs. First off: WE KNOW. Second, it's six months old now. Third, do you really think Fox will pay attention to a petition written by someone unfamiliar with the English language? Fourth, have a nice day. :)

:zorro:

"Dear Fox News,

I represent a group of Airsoft Enthusiasts on the Internet and are very displeased with a video we found on Youtube. It features Fox News Reporters not taking proper safety measures when handling the replica firearms and making insulting remarks. Myself and other "Airsofters" have noticed many unsafe practices used in the video of question.

Examples of such unsafe practices include: The female reporter grabs the replica handgun from one of the male reporters and immediately puts her finger on the trigger. Also one of the male reporters is holding the replica "H&K MP5A5 Sub machine gun" with his finger on the trigger while the replica is on it's full automatic feature. He is also pointing the replica in the direction of the other reporters. There are many more unsafe practices in the video but we believe that those are sufficient examples.

Some of the remarks are very condescending and said in a insulting manor. Examples include: "Who is buying these things?" and "Is there a huge market for people that try and pretend to hold up... (unidentifiable speech) ... in other words Absolutely!". These statements are uninformed and disrespectful. I was under the impression that Fox News did some research before it airs a story.

Also these replicas are not "toy guns" as said by one of the reporters. They are replicas that are very realistic for training and hobby purposes. Airsoft is a sport and hobby in which the replicas can be used as law enforcement and military training tools. Airsoft can be a valuable tool to teach Firearm safety.

Just because a few inexperienced and ill willing kids and adults choose to use these replicas in crimes and other unworthy practices does not mean all airsoft should be banned.

Youtube Video in question:

We would like it if Fox News would air a positive airsoft experience with a informed airsoft consultant. If you need any help contacting any informed airsoft consultants we would gladly refer to many qualified airsoft organizations.

Thank you for your time and effort in reporting the news we all enjoy. We wish your organization may clear up the "airsoft" situation with the whole country. Airsoft is a very enjoyable hobby and sport and many of us wish to keep the sport alive and with as much safety as possible. A country wide report on the right way may help others to learn the proper practices when "playing" airsoft.

(Written as a collaberation of online airsoft enthusiasts, especially "Ragin'")

Thank you,

-Mike S. ("Einarr"), Viking Airsoft team, Rio Rancho, New Mexico."

Seems like this person is very familiar with the english language.

Second, if you guys had known about it, why haven't you guys done anything about it? All I see is whining. I want to see some action against these guys for making such insulting and hypocritical remarks!

Keep checking YouTube. Fox news also did a great positive report on airsoft in Utah.

Surprising actually.

One thing both reports are missing is the use of airsoft for LE and Military training. Although, I guess that could be twisted into something negative also.

Alot of the military does not use airsoft or paintball guns to train. They use thier own guns, they just replace the bullets with a paint projectiles. That way they can use all the same guns, get all the same kick back, feel, weight, and train exactly as they would in an real situation.

Actually they use mostly chalk, not paint. I've seen and used several different training rounds and none have been paint. This is the company that makes the USMC's kits. Simunition- Home And I know of 2 units in the Marines that have airsoft weapons in thier armory for training purposes. Gets your facts straight before you post.

Here's the mistake you made.

These statements are uninformed and disrespectful. I was under the impression that Fox News did some research before it airs a story.

Bad assumption.

The Fox News Corporation isn't interested in facts or research. They are essentially a right-wing propaganda broadcaster.

"We report, you decide?" ######. It's more like "We lie, you believe."

So most people who have functioning brains just ignore all the *beep* they spew out.

Is this what you guys are saying is untruthful ? :

"You could use these to try to rob a bank, and then get away with it because you weren't carrying a firearm"

I thought it was counted as carrying a firearm if you try to act like you have one...

thats the only thing I found to be untruthful.. other than that.. it was just degrading , not necessarily all lies

Seems like this person is very familiar with the english language.

In a rather stunted, pathetic sort of way.

Allow me to educate you a bit.

Dear Fox News,

[we'll come back to this later]

I represent a group of Airsoft Enthusiasts on the Internet and are :waggle: very displeased with a video we found on Youtube.

["I are..."? :waggle]

It features Fox News Reporters not taking proper safety measures when handling the replica firearms and making insulting remarks. Myself and other "Airsofters" have noticed many unsafe practices used in the video of question.

[mixing tenses. "It features" is present tense. "Have noticed" is past tense". Why is "Airsofters" in inverted commas? It implies it's "dodgy"]

Examples of such unsafe practices include: The female reporter grabs the replica handgun from one of the male reporters and immediately puts her finger on the trigger. Also one of the male reporters is holding the replica "H&K MP5A5 Sub machine gun" with his finger on the trigger while the replica is on it's full automatic feature. He is also pointing the replica in the direction of the other reporters. There are many more unsafe practices in the video but we believe that those are sufficient examples.

[Riddled with poor sentence structure and grammatical errors]

Some of the remarks are very condescending and said in a insulting manor.

[Manner]

Examples include: "Who is buying these things?" and "Is there a huge market for people that try and pretend to hold up... (unidentifiable speech) ... in other words Absolutely!". These statements are uninformed and disrespectful. I was under the impression that Fox News did some research before it airs a story.

[speculation and opinion with no factual basis]

Also these replicas are not "toy guns" as said by one of the reporters.

[Poor sentence structure]

They are replicas that are very realistic for training and hobby purposes.

[Nonsensical]

Airsoft is a sport and hobby in which the replicas can be used as law enforcement and military training tools.

[more nonsense. Mixing singular and plural again]

Airsoft can be a valuable tool to teach Firearm safety.

[Confusion between nouns and verbs. I guess you think verbs such as "parenting" are also acceptable?]

Just because a few inexperienced and ill willing kids and adults choose to use these replicas in crimes and other unworthy practices does not mean all airsoft should be banned.

[speculation, opinion. No factual support]

Youtube Video in question:

We would like it if Fox News would air a positive airsoft experience with a informed airsoft consultant.

[Dear god, we don't even know when to use "a" and when to use "an"]

If you need any help contacting any informed airsoft consultants we would gladly refer to many qualified airsoft organizations.

[more nonsense. "Airsoft consultants"? What are they? Also poor sentence structure]

Thank you for your time and effort in reporting the news we all enjoy. We wish your organization may clear up the "airsoft" situation with the whole country.

["we wish your organisation may...?]

Airsoft is a very enjoyable hobby and sport and many of us wish to keep the sport alive and with as much safety as possible.

[poor sentence structure. "...and...and...and..." :waggle:]

A country wide report on the right way may help others to learn the proper practices when "playing" airsoft.

[sentence without subject. Also again with the "playing". Why?]

(Written as a collaberation of online airsoft enthusiasts, especially "Ragin'")

[using a forum nick' is hardly the way to appear mature]

Thank you,

[You thought I'd forgotten. hands up what ending goes with "Dear Fox"? The ONLY correct answer is "Yours Sincerely"]

-Mike S. ("Einarr"), Viking Airsoft team, Rio Rancho, New Mexico."

I hope we all learned something from that.

Second, if you guys had known about it, why haven't you guys done anything about it? All I see is whining. I want to see some action against these guys for making such insulting and hypocritical remarks!

We didn't DO anything about it cos we figured it was probably not smart to rip into a major news network for an item that they chose NOT to broadcast.

We felt it might draw negative attention and create hostility where there was none.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and this is a dupe thread.

I am sorry some of you believe our actions will bring negative attention to our sport. We do not believe it will.

Our intent is to bring awareness to the misrepresentation of airsoft by Fox News.

We are sorry the grammar errors offend you so much. We are not English teachers.

The quotes around “Airsofters” feels to be a necessary way to tell unknowing individuals that is what we call ourselves. Present tense and past tense??? You are spitting hairs give us a break! Yes we understand it is manner and not manor but it was not caught in time to change it.

I hope we all learned something from that.

We didn't DO anything about it cos we figured it was probably not smart to rip into a major news network for an item that they chose NOT to broadcast.

We felt it might draw negative attention and create hostility where there was none.

Thank you for the English lesson. But if we are going have a lesson will you tell us what “cos” means?

We DID do something and still believe that it was the right thing to do.

“they chose NOT to broadcast” Will you give me proof it was not broadcast. The Fox logo in the upper left changes to “Live” many times and that leads me to believe it was broadcast.

Well we do not believe it will draw negative attention or create hostility toward our sport.

Thank you for all your support.

Archived