Giving airsoft a bad name

WillIsGreat

Let's see:

1) It's six months old. Too late to complain now.

2) It has been suggested this never aired. You certainly can't prove (or haven't done so far) that it did.

4) What happened to 3?

5) Petitions never achieve anything.

6) Particularly ones where the person writing it couldn't be bothered to check spelling and grammar.

3) Ah, there it is.

All have these have been stated several times. Sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LALALALA! CAN'T HEAR YOU!" doesn't mean the points haven't been made.

:zorro:

Let's see:

2) It has been suggested this never aired. You certainly can't prove (or haven't done so far) that it did.

4) What happened to 3?

6) Particularly ones where the person writing it couldn't be bothered to check spelling and grammar.

3) Ah, there it is.

All have these have been stated several times. Sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LALALALA! CAN'T HEAR YOU!" doesn't mean the points haven't been made.

Who says it is to late? Age of a report should not matter.

Yes it was suggested... not proven. I have given all the proof I need to... it has Live in the corner... I believe that is proof enough... yet the person how suggested it was not aired had no proof either way.

4) What happened to 3?

I don't care!

Prove it! I have seen many on that site have a impact on it's cause.

Spelling is correct the Grammar needed help and We Apologized for that.

3) Ah, there it is.

Still don't care!

You arguing just for the sake of argument.

I will not post in this thread again do to the hostility.

Who says it is to late? Age of a report should not matter.

Maybe, maybe not. But it does. If I complain to you about something you may or may not have said six months ago, how are you going to react?

Yes it was suggested... not proven. I have given all the proof I need to... it has Live in the corner... I believe that is proof enough... yet the person how suggested it was not aired had no proof either way.

Burden of proof lies with you. You insist this is a terrible slander against airsoft, therefore you must prove it happened.

4) What happened to 3?

I don't care!

And that will be your undoing.

Prove it! I have seen many on that site have a impact on it's cause.

Again, burden of proof. If I say "petitions never achieve anything" it is your task to present a petition that achieved something. Off you go.

Spelling is correct the Grammar needed help and We Apologized for that.

Doesn't matter. If you are going to rather arrogantly insist on representing "airsoft," then you need to do it well. The petition you presented would result in derision and mocking from anyone who works with the English language. Like, oh say... A NEWS ORGANISATION!

3) Ah, there it is.

Still don't care!

If you represent airsofters, you will care.

You arguing just for the sake of argument.

I will not post in this thread again do to the hostility.

No, I'm arguing because your staggering arrogance angers me. How DARE you insist you speak for airsofters. So far, you have 240 signatures to your ill-written petition. Given you posted this on a forum of over thirty THOUSAND people, it makes you and your "cause" insignificant.

Oh, and at least be a man and admit you won't argue any more because you're in the wrong.

Oh ffs.

There's so much wrong here, I don't know where to start. No-one's insulted anyone so far as I can see, though they have disagreed and criticised - there's a difference between that and an insult. If you can't take criticism, perhaps you need to learn how without going off in a huff.

Everyone who posts here is an individual. No-one else on here represents me, or any other airsofter, therefore two people banging their heads and failing to agree isn't an indictment of the attitudes of airsofters. Got that?

Now, if the show was aired 6 months ago (and it might not even have been aired), the damage will have been done (although I can't actually see anything wrong in the video at all). In my opinion, it is likely that Fox have forgotten about it by now (as will anyone who watched it at the time), as it was hardly a major story. Bringing any attention to it will only make it worse. They're a huge corporation, you're not. I'm not saying you shouldn't tackle major corporations, but if you really have to do it then pick a really worthwhile cause, like Global Warming or selling cheap bullets to schoolkids or shutting down factories only to open sweatshops utilising child labour - not just because you're annoyed about the way they've described your harmless hobby. If I saw a TV show telling me that all potholers were rapists, I'd understand their annoyance at such a depiction. If instead they suggested that potholing equipment could be used to rob a bank, I'd be unlikely to conclude that all potholers were bank robbers. Fox will have covered their backside legally, so why should they give a monkies what you think?

Ask yourself this question: what do you actually want to achieve? Once you've established this, ask yourself what's in it for them if they do it?

Knock off the arguing for a start. Either you think it's important or you don't. End of.

I don't see why he is so offended by someone correcting his grammar. Fox probably wouldn't read it from the start, why would they read something thats poorly written? It makes a difference when you come off as an adult, rather than a child who has trouble using grammar.

*imaginary +1 for Sniperman15*

Yes kids, if you're writing to someone, it really DOES matter if you use proper spelling and grammar. These aren't just things us old fogies have made up to annoy you, they're rules that enable people to understand what you're trying to say.

Archived