Project comment: Hi-cap TM SPAS12 shell

So I've had a Tokyo Marui SPAS 12 for a couple of years, I think. I bought from the local sporting goods store for $250, which nowadays is a complete ripoff, but that's not the point. I got a few extra shells for it and played with some friends with springers. It was fun for a while but I got too busy with school and a band so I ended up putting the SPAS 12 in the closet.

Now that I dug it out again, I've come to find out that my friends now have really nice (and very mean) AEG's, which would completely rape my shotgun any day. With those hi-cap magazines, they could sit and spray BB's at me all day.

I didn't exactly have the funds to go out and buy a $300 AEG, and besides, I already had a $250 (well, $150) shotgun. And I love this thing. It's just... so... BEEFY! But reloading after every 10 shots is a pain, and I only have 40 shots total. I might as well spit BB's at them.

I found the project on this site about the high capacity Tokyo Marui SPAS 12 shell, and knew right then and there that all these years of taking random things apart, ghetto rigging stuff, and using lotsa Gorilla glue would come in handy. And it just so happened that my friend had a spare Classic Army M4 high-cap magazine laying around. :P

So I completed the project (found here) and was more than satisfied with the results. :rocket:

All in all, I've got the most kick-asstic shotgun from around where I come from. Awesome project with great instructions!

Pictures are to come soon (because we all know that this thread is useless without pics!)

Allthough i dont think you need more than 10 shots with a TM shotgun (yes i use one myself) i have pondered over the highcap mod and come up with a slightly different way of doing it.

Get a cheap gun (or if your good with making stuff) to steal the mag well from it (M4 or G3.... or whatever you want)

Cut a hole in a shell and put a tube into it, so that when it is in the gun and you hold a mag up to it it will feed like the feed nozzle from an AEG.

Put your magwell (however you made it) onto the gun and hey presto you have a shotgun that use unmodified mags.

Pros

Much stronger than the glue-the-mag-to-the-shell idea

looks "slightly" better

Uses standard mags, so you can use the same as the one with your AEG (if you have one)

You can swap mags with teemates, or buy different types of mag (midcaps for example*)

not mil-sim

AND you dont have to meddle around with loads of epoxy and rodding and glue to make the shell stick to the mag with one tiny contact point

Cons

Harder to make

You probably wont be able to use normal shells, expecially if you glue the 'feeder shell' in place to make it more stable.

not "mil-sim"

*or use real-caps to defeat the object lol

I actually ended up just using clear packing tape. I work for UPS, and believe me, I can testify to its strength. It works out because I can always just re-tape it if it breaks, and just cut the tape and peel it off if I want to have another hi-cap magazine. I recently got a Stunt Studios M4A1 (really cheap LPEG with a plastic gearbox). I'm just getting into AEG's, but I've had a KWA G18-C for a while.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried this solution yet possibly make use of the G36 magwell conversion kit?

If only a company like kings arms would manufacture it perhaps with some way of clamping it around the shotgun so its removable.

Allthough i dont think you need more than 10 shots with a TM shotgun (yes i use one myself) i have pondered over the highcap mod and come up with a slightly different way of doing it.

Get a cheap gun (or if your good with making stuff) to steal the mag well from it (M4 or G3.... or whatever you want)

Cut a hole in a shell and put a tube into it, so that when it is in the gun and you hold a mag up to it it will feed like the feed nozzle from an AEG.

Put your magwell (however you made it) onto the gun and hey presto you have a shotgun that use unmodified mags.

Pros

Much stronger than the glue-the-mag-to-the-shell idea

looks "slightly" better

Uses standard mags, so you can use the same as the one with your AEG (if you have one)

You can swap mags with teemates, or buy different types of mag (midcaps for example*)

not mil-sim

AND you dont have to meddle around with loads of epoxy and rodding and glue to make the shell stick to the mag with one tiny contact point

Cons

Harder to make

You probably wont be able to use normal shells, expecially if you glue the 'feeder shell' in place to make it more stable.

not "mil-sim"

*or use real-caps to defeat the object lol

Edited by zordon
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow that looks good, pity i have decided to sell the spas (been in tow minds about this), otherwise i would do the same.

it actually uses a shell , and its very easy to do .But you have to get rid of the door. heres some pics .I did explain the ins n outs in another thread somewhere , but from the pics its pretty self explanatory

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...