is there anything wrong with this picture?

scithe

Sale has a point with the cocking surface idea. The P232 is a concealed carry handgun, so you never know what you might be doing when you need to draw. But even then, I don't understand why the user wouldn't have gone with a sight with a rectangular profile so he could do that AND aim quickly. :)

I think these SIG models have a slide stop lever (locks back on empty), but no lever to release the slide: You have to tug on the slide. You don't necessarily need two hands to get a fresh magazine and insert it into the pistol, but tugging on the slide single-handedly is quite hard and runs the risk of malfunction.

TKV: I also thought why the pistol wasn't simply equipped with a rear sight of a different profile, but the precise sight picture especially of the rear sight is not that important in the intended use. I mean the front sight is still there and has the dot, and the front sight is your point of focus when you shoot.

Real gun sights are rather hard to replace compared to the loose-fitting airsoft sights, that sometimes even fall off. I find it unlikely that the photographer or some other incompetent person would have reversed the sight by accident.

-Sale

This doesn't make me laugh as much as the picture of a set of M4s in a police van - with the mags inserted upside down and bullets backwards.

Pics or it didn't happen! :D

Examples like this give that extra credibility to the argument that the police are trained to use their weapons better than the common hobbyist.

Requesting the retarded magazine picture!

On the photographer's end, remember the H&K promotional poster (for the USP, if I remember correctly) that had the cartridges loaded into the magazine backwards?

H&K: No compromise. :P

Oh, and...

Sale: Some schools of shooting also say you should focus just ahead of the front sight post.

I think these SIG models have a slide stop lever (locks back on empty), but no lever to release the slide: You have to tug on the slide. You don't necessarily need two hands to get a fresh magazine and insert it into the pistol, but tugging on the slide single-handedly is quite hard and runs the risk of malfunction.

-Sale

The 239 has one - it's that thing behind the decocing lever.

Now I'm not sure about the 232, but if it follows the walther PP family like it's outline suggests - it may not actually lock open after the last round is fired.

DarkMM

-and yes real steel sight usually use an interferance fit to keep them in place.

The SIG P230 and P232 do lock back on an empty magazine, and are quite different animals compared to the PP, despite the similar looks. In any case, if the pistol doesn't allow you to reload a "dry" gun with one hand, you better have sights that allow releasing or racking the slide by pushing it against the sole of the shoe or something.

WTH. I just had to check the SIGarms website: http://sigarms.com/Products/ShowCatalogPro...10&productid=68

I'll have some fusilli and pesto with my earlier comments, thank you. Cheers to hitmanNo2 for standing out of the crowd with the correct comment.

-Sale

Remember kids: Your dad shouldn't have a gun in the house to protect you from an intruder. It's the police's job, and they are more competent in gun handling than dumb civilians.

Except that it isn't and they aren't.

-Sale

The other thing you might want a backward sight (or at least something to catch on a garment) for is the (thankfully rare) situation where one of your arms has been disabled and you have a dead man’s click.

You need to operate the slide to clear the dud round and chamber a fresh one.

On an old fashioned pistol like a 1911 or a browning has no recoil rod so you can operate the slide by pushing the front of the pistol against the sole of your shoe (without the barrel pointing at your body).

It's recoil rods that have brought this about but I won't complain about those.

I had an oppo in the army who could cock a browning by catching his trigger finger in the ejection port and racking it that way.

It doesn't sound that difficult since you will mostly be used to airsoft pistols but sale and a few others will testify that it is bloody difficult. The recoil spring in a real steel pistol is surprisingly hard to budge.

He was a rock climber though

Archived