Anime

Stealthbomber

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right... if we're going by their trackrecord, like Solid State Society, subs will be out within 2 hours of the release... lol

I mean, of course there are no subs :( Becuase that'll be illegal, right?

O wait... I can just get Chinese subs... MUAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: and Jack, nice get.

So far I still haven't actually bought any dvd's yet, nothing really makes me want to buy it. I'm not exactly the type to rewatch things again unless I forget it.

EDIT: and Jack, nice get.

So far I still haven't actually bought any dvd's yet, nothing really makes me want to buy it. I'm not exactly the type to rewatch things again unless I forget it.

Hmm, I just really wanted Murder Princess for some reason; but otherwise I'm saving my money for figurines and maybe airsoft

lol, on an airsoft thread.

Yeah, so far anime is being more important than airsoft to me, every airsoft gun I have, and will have, are related to some anime in some way.

I still need some figurines, I had a few before I moved, but I don't know where they are anymore :(

Though being in England is bankrupting me, everything here is so expensive <_<

So that's where she came from, lol I've been trying to figure who she was out for a while. Been seeing her on image boards and blogs recently...

And sadly I can't get Princess Maker 4 to work <_<

So now I'm finally going to start reading Death Note...

:mellow:

The more I think about Solid State Society, the less I like it. Why? The following:

-The Japanese government covertly using children as part of a top-secret project? That's never been done before! Not even in GitS!

-Motoko shows up, pretty much Deus Ex Machina. Not much is done to explain what she was doing outside of Section 9 except recreational investigating. Further problems with this:

+Never explains what she did for money during this time (possibly cyber-prostitution, as in the original manga).

+Never explains where she got her hi-tech toys from, including her rifle, which would be rare and expensive on the black market (especially in Japan)

+Never explained how it was that she got to keep her prosthetics... IIRC, she, herself, said that if she (or any other member of Section 9) decided to retire, they'd have to turn their prosthetics in on their way out the door. It is possible that she bought a civvie model (as her model was based off of a fairly common civvie model) which she later moded to her own specs, but this is never explained in the movie.

-Bad guys can't hit worth squat. She takes on a small army all by herself and survives unscathed (she did get help later on from Batou, though). She couldn't do that in the show. The action felt very forced and, in retrospect, silly.

So how many anime threads have there been now? I swear every time I log onto Arnies there's a new one... :(

Anyway, I recently finished watching Gunslinger Girl and Evangelion, which were great. I am currently watching Outlaw Star (and some other stuff), which I also really like. As well as those, I've seen Love Hina and some Studio Ghibli movies, (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and Laputa) and some Cowboy Bebop. Of course that's nothing compared to some of you guys buy I'll get there some day. :D

By the way, do I have to change my avatar to an anime character to post in here?

Hope the thread doesn't get locked!

There has been 3, one locked, one deleted, and this is the third...

Well, welcome aboard. We're pretty normal despite what other people say.

And no, you don't have to change your avatar, it's just something we do because, well, what other avatars are worthy enough? ;)

Jag, I don't think it would be hard for her to get prosthetics. Now I haven't seen the movie so I might be missing something. But remember in one of the later episodes of SAC, 20 or so, Motoko had to get a body change after fighting the exsoseleton and losing one arm. Her medical friend said something along the lines of "how exciting, so many black market parts." How I figure is, those must not even be issued by Section 9, otherwise they wouldn't be called black market parts. In which case that would mean she had the means to get it even without being a member of Section 9.

That's just what I think... I really should watch the movie sometime soon.

Well, started and dropped Tactical Roar... just couldn't take it. The OP was awesome though, loved it.

Finished reading Aishiteruze Baby, I *almost* cried... I guess I'm a sucker for these type of shoujo manga. Now I just need to find the anime.

And o yeah, it was pretty funny. I'd recommend reading it.

Btw, can anyone, which really means about 2 people, suggest any games/visual novels? As fun as Type-Moon is... too much Nasu is bad for the health. Any game either translated to English or has an English patch will do.

To avoid possible trouble, PM me if you've got anything, thanks :D

There's a marble blocking the opening. You're supposed to press down really hard on the cap, and pop that marble out. Then you drink it from one specific side of the bottle. The marble does this weird thing keeping all the drink from spilling.

And the last one of those I had, was nasty. Like club soda.

As for games, Do You Like Horny Bunnies? is a classic.

You guys do realize that the last anime threads were closed because of your discussions about erogames, right?

Archived