Gun shooting, but not loading bb's.

Noodle_2000

Alright, I've been having some compression issues with my M4. So I decide to take it apart teflon tape the cylinder head a bit and change the o-ring. Well I finish that and put the whole gearbox back together and get it in the body. I load a magazine and try to test fire it. It's making normal sounds as if it were shooting. But the bb's aren't going into the hop up chamber. Can anyone help me out with this? I was thinking there was an issue with the tapplet plate. I've taken it apart a few minutes ago to try and fix the problem with no luck.

Thanks for any help.

Gary B.

I don't mean to insult your intelligence but to be sure if the tappet plate is cycling correctly you could turn the gun upside down (no mag fitted) and you should be able to see the tappet plate moving when you fire.

If it is then the problem perhaps lies with the magazine? sorry if this doesn't help i'm a little under the influence ;)

Have you tried moving the mag around to see if that would improve the feeding? I think the position of your feeding tube has to do with your problem since you can hand feed a bb into your gun and have it fire. Then after you figure out the correct position it should be in you can either fix the position or b add tape to the mag well or add tape to your mags to correct this misalignment of the feeding tube in the hopup.

Im curious if you tried to do the teflon mod on the hopup sleeve and barrel? Because that could also be why causing it to jam in the barrel and seem like it is not feeding anymoe.

Sure thing, I'll try moving the magazine around a bit and see what happens. This is a TM 2 piece hop up, so there really isn't any where for it to move. But I will try adjusting it and see what happens. I didn't do the teflon mod on the bucking because it was too tight of a fit. Thanks for the help, hopefully I can get this resolved soon.

Edit * It seems somethig was misaligned :P She's up and running for now. Thanks for all the help.

Gary B

Archived