Milspex "VN" Style Fatiuges

M14

Milspex seems to have a bit of an obsession with Vietnam. A while ago they made "Vietnam" tiger stripe. Anyway now they have what looks like a 3rd Pattern Vietnam Fatiuge replica. Besides the fact that they used the wrong material, I have to say its a decent "VN" replica compared to the ###### that other people are trying to pass off as VN, like the Echo 1 M16A1 which is just a A2 with a triangular handguard and a 20rd mag shoved in it. For a little more than half the price I spent on authentic 3rd pattern fatiuges its a great thing for people who want to start a Vietnam loadout but are on a budget.

The Milspex VN Fatiuges are sold on Redwolf for $53.99

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...enu2=1275#23018

Now if someone will make an M16A1 without the forward assist...

An M16A1 without a bolt forward assist.... wouldn't be an M16A1. The main visual differences between the M16 and the M16A1 is that the M16 had the three-pronged flash hider and no bolt forward assist. The A1 introduced the birdcage style flash-hider and the forward assist.

The capacity of the magazine is irrelevant.

Yes, G&P make the "Slick Side" M16VN style reciever set, but you have to use their M16VN barrel assembly and Stock assembly also IIRC.

Btw, this is the Evolution of the M16:

M16-"Slick Side" No forward assist, no brass deflector, No dust cover, no elevation adjustment, 3 prong fralsh hider.

M16E1-Added forward assist, added dust cover.

M16A1-Added brass deflector, changed to 4 slot bird cage

I beleave I got the oder correct. I'm not 100% positive on the changes regarding the E1 model.

Yes, G&P make the "Slick Side" M16VN style reciever set, but you have to use their M16VN barrel assembly and Stock assembly also IIRC.

No, you don't.

Not unless you're upgrading from a Marui M16VN anyway.

You can't swap from a TM M16VN to a G&P metal body without a new front end, as the TM version has a different front end. But why you'd want to keep the two piece arrangement over a one piece barrel anyway is beyond me.

Front end and stock tube are standard fittings.

I've got either an ICS or TM (I forget which) stock on my G&P VN body and I've tried a CA M4 front end on it - both fitted fine.

I've got a plastic TM M16VN body lying around somewhere and that's got a standard stock tube, so the stock thing has no basis at all.

Btw, this is the Evolution of the M16:

M16-"Slick Side" No forward assist, no brass deflector, No dust cover, no elevation adjustment, 3 prong fralsh hider.

M16E1-Added forward assist, added dust cover.

M16A1-Added brass deflector, changed to 4 slot bird cage

I beleave I got the oder correct. I'm not 100% positive on the changes regarding the E1 model.

yeaaahh....so all that is somewhat inaccurate, but a good attempt I suppose-

If you desire to learn the facts, look to real-steel AR15 sources around the net such as:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&...t=246547&page=1

plenty of cool pics and history, there is even an M16 in there with a wood stock and foregrip! Enjoy!

Slainte!

-G

Archived