XGL90

DazJW

At the moment I'm on something of a crusade to get rid of everything I've got sat around doing nothing (hence a fair few sales threads lately).

The next thing I've got my eye on is selling my M203 as I find my M16 a bit unwieldly with it attached, but I'd still quite like a grenade launcher.

Buying an M79 would be ideal but it's going to leave me with less money than I started with so it's not a route I'm pursuing.

There's quite a few threads in this subforum where people have made an M79-alike or a pistol grenade launcher, but I don't fancy my chances building a receiver so I had a look at what I've got broken gun wise.

In my cupboard was a WELL D90-F (cheapo P90TR) and a UTG shotgun that was broken to the extent of just being a receiver and a working firing mechanism.

So between the two I've come up with this ugly thing.

XGL90PSPMockup.jpg

(Really basic mock up, donor picture had stuff mounted on the rails hence the weird looking top section)

The barrel is probably going to be lower down in the receiver (and the firing mech will line up with that) but this is the basic plan.

The WELL D90 splits in half and is hollow so there's alot of room to work.

I've got a working firing mech set up inside the UTG receiver so I just need to transplant that into the D90 shell where the gearbox was. Once I've cut the bits off the UTG that I don't need it should fit pretty easily hopefully.

The one bit I'm not too sure about yet is holding the barrel closed (it's break action, hinged around where the black and white dot is near the front). I was going to use the original D90 mag release and put some tabs either side of the barrel to catch under it (crudely shown in the mockup) but the firing mech is probably going to get in the way so I'll have to work something out once I've got it all together and know how the barrel is going to sit relative to everything else.

Everything's quite light so I can strap it to my back or whatever without causing any aches and pains.

If I ever get it all working I'll probably fit a laser inside the receiver where the flash hider used to stick out.

Once it's finished it's going to either look awesome or be the most hideous thing ever, but whichever way people are going to be asking what the hell is that thing :P

Started hacking bits up and seeing how this is all going to go together.

I think there might have to be a slight bit of UTG shotgun receiver sticking out the top of the P90 receiver for their to be room for everything but I need my barrel tube before I can be sure.

Main external parts (minus the barrel):

Receivers1.jpg

Interior:

Receivers2.jpg

Firing Mech Parts:

Mech1.jpg

How they fit together:

MechEx.jpg

And I intend to respray everything so ignore the patterned UTG and desert P90 :P

Archived