Pictures of your WA's

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DAMN YOU ARNY068! I got all the way to you're post thinking nobody else had a Tac Carry!

I've just swapped mine, but i've got a pic of mine when I had it somewhere, I'll post it when I find it! Lovely guns...

And my old WA Elite IA which I foolishly sold, although I'm a Beretta man again now :)

post-4934-1110498491_thumb.jpg

Edited by danwilkie

First foray into Western Arms .45's...

105-0556_IMG.jpg

I sold it off after awhile, the fit/finish was nice for the most part, but I didn't like the trigger guard/grip plastic, and the Prime silver slide I put on it scuffed too easily, a lot more than I had expected. Still, it didn't reach it's full potential, I should have upped the hammer spring and slung some .3's out of it with hfc22... I bought it at a time when there were no single-stackers readily available from retailers, just SV's and Paras, neither of which I'm a huge fan of. Still the SCW SVI Expert series looks nice, it'd be cool to try one.

Modern 1911...

106-0615_IMG.jpg

Classic 1911...

106-0614_IMG.jpg

The MEU has a PGC slide with Springfield Armory trades (Springfield Operator - I couldn't find any of the 1st run MEU slides left), and the 1911A1 has the PGC slide/frame kit, metal chamber, and a Sheriff LRB. Thankfully the 1911A1 came preassembled - this gun would see a lot more use if I could find some good instructions on how to replace the firing pin (and if I could get off my @$$ and place an order for a Gemtech lanyard - even with a good triple-retention holster, I'm not going to take any chances, I wouldn't want to lose it). Mine is starting to show just a bit of wear, and I'd like to know how it is replaced before I go crazy putting it to use. Can someone point me in the right direction with some SCW ver. 1 firing pin installation tips? I've read a bit on some other forums before I had this in my possession, now that I can actually visualize it with the assembled product in my hand, I believe I could get it done.

106-0610_IMG.jpg

The LRB is a cool accessory though - my inner chamber is swapped for a Magna version so it can fit; the barrel gives a good range improvement. You can float a .3 out to 190 feet or so with only hfc134a in 70 deg. F weather, and the trajectory is almost perfectly flat, but the velocity is pretty comical (impressive?) when it arrives - having the pistol fired at you, it definitely leaves some time to get out of the way. Still, the consistency seems to be a lot better than the stock barrel at range, when compared to the MEU, with its new 'easy to adjust' hop system, there are definitely a lot less rogue shots hooking left, right or down with the LRB. My WA's are my favorite pistols, but I think the stock hop system even in the SCW's is definitely lacking. IMHO, the simple set hop in a TM M9 beats any WA hop hands-down at gaming ranges (60-80 feet).

Edited by VinnyGT19

not mine..i tried looking for them on sites in google search :) but nothing came up they must be dicontiued i like these guns alot i want them if anyone knows the model number or a site that sells em pm me plz with the answer. they are speacial some how because all the ones i have looked at dont have that space between.

Edited by 13eans
not mine..i tried looking for them on sites in google search :) but nothing came up they must be dicontiued i like these guns alot i want them if anyone knows the model number or a site that sells em pm me plz with the answer. they are speacial some how because all the ones i have looked at dont have that space between.

Could someone tell me as well, they look sweet :D

Edit: Viper, it seems like you've got the one Im looking for, care giving me details on it? Thanks.

Edited by cruxed
Where are all the Hybrid SVIs?

Oldie and crappy photograhy:

ied.jpg

SD magna hybrid top end on single-stack IED. Grips were changed from these ugly Wilsons to something else, then the gun was disassembled and the hybrid slide is lying in a parts-bin at the moment :P

M.