Pictures of your WA's

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiya,

The slide+barrel is a Shooters Design, snagged it up at DEN.

chamber.jpg

Snowman, the chamber is metal, it says:

"HYBRID .45 ACP

DANGER

EXHAUST PORTS

READ MANUAL

US PAT.5476087"

That U.S. patent absolutely exists, but it is the patent held by Western Arms for the Magna blowback system :D Kind of cheesy, I'm swapping it out for a Shooters hybrid chamber sometime soon.

The only Infinity Hybrid (or Schuemann I guess)-marked chambers I've come across has been on Sanko customs, but who knows if they just rollmarked an unmarked chamber :)

<RANT>

On porting, compensating and hybrid(ing?);

This is a hybrid ported barrel, in that the holes occur in the barrel-area, not a compensated barrel, which is really an addition of ports and chambers configured in front of the muzzle.

Regular porting (holes in barrel, slide cut) reduces recoil about 20% and also directs some of the recoil downwards for preservation of sight picture, at the cost of velocity (and in case of luminous sights, insta-burned out front sight).

Hybrid porting (barrel has a "block" that cuts into slide, with ports in) reduces recoil much better (50%), but also reduces velocity by a lot.

Compensated barrels reduce recoil by about the same amount as hybrid ported ones, but at no significant velocity loss, since the bullet has already left the "main" barrel by the time the gases are vented through the chambers and ports.

Hybrid-comped guns reduce recoil in the extreme, but require very "hot" loads to maintain velocity and trajectory, usually handloads with very light bullets.

</RANT>

...ok maybe someone found that informative :P

-

Edited for briefness.

Edited by Marcus

Cheers Marcus,

I'm after a metal chamber with that trademark and patent (for my Hybrid Comp), but all the ones I've seen have a different number and text (maybe more accurate to the real thing?).

Cheers.

Edited by snowman

Hey snowman,

Afaik, there weren't any large runs of Infinity Hybrid-marked barrels. The Sheriff ones say exactly the same thing, but omitting the patent.

The new Shooters chambers use patent number 23,885,115, which doesn't exist.

Here is an amusing link to the WA patent :)

I believe Sanko marks their chambers either with the correct "Schuemann Cal.45" or "Hybrid Cal.45", but I just got a mail they won't do overseas sales :(

I was lusting for a Tiki set when it becomes available :(

M.

I call it "Reason". Nobody likes to argue with Reason.

41471361.jpg

41471352.jpg

Mounted MM165bb grenade with modified pull trigger. Custom trigger components connect to pull trigger instead of the usual push plate. If someone annoys me, I give them the middle finger.

A square Guarder RDS helps me point it the right way.

32126814.jpg

32126923.jpg

Some of my WA collection on a prototype cardboard pistol rack. Second try on the rack is a lot better. A couple of these guns have been sold and replaced with some of the new hotness SCW line.

From left to right on the rear view pic:

-SVI 3.9" two tone

-MGC1991 (Not WA, but licensed by WA)

-5" Xcellerator (test platform for flow restrictor development)

-PKII 3.9" (one of two in my collection)

-6" SVI

-WA DEagle

Edited by MadMax
Whats the WA Desart Eagle like and any chance of some pictures of it please?

I can't say I really know. I got the gun in nearly perfect condition, but it didn't come with a mag. The gun was thrown in as a deal sweetener for a much larger deal so I knew it didn't come with a mag.

Finish is pretty good. It's still a bigass hunk of plastic. Even if it had a mag, I don't think I'd play it. Huge size isn't really come with commensurate battle worthiness.

The PKII with grenade makes ppl duck when I have to pull out my secondary.

Nup theirs loads left out their, but fot some of the best they'd need a new production line because their not as close to the Colt.

Anybody fancy a Coonan .357, or Grissly .45 Winchester Magnum or best last a Pachmyr .50 BMG sinlgle shot conversion.

Heh, I'm glad those aren't too popular in the real world, since they are such sacriligeous travesties against John Moses Browning's beautiful .45ACP design. But such talk doesn't belong here.

As it stands, if you can build an IPSC race gun like Titleist has or a Wilson Combat, Springfield Operator or Kimber TLE then there are certainly enough 1911s out there. As it stands the only ones I'd consider "classic" are the 1911A1 and Model of 1911 I linked to earlier.

This whole thread has basically made me decide to stop buying all these other silly guns and devote my hobby to collecting 1911s now.