RWC M16VN

M14

I guess RedWolf saw how nicely WGC Shop was selling their M16s for $230 so now they made a M16VN for $250. Its basicly the same thing as WGC Shops and is constructed using G&P parts. Hopefully they will make more M16s for $250.

Heres a link

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=23023

If any more cheap chinese replica Vietnam gear comes out (besides authentic looking AEGs) I will be pretty unhappy. I respect the men who were there and my father was stationed in Germany during the war and think Vietnam loadouts are turining into a fashion thing where the people wont know anything about the war or accual gear anymore, resulting is rather unrealistic loadouts.

Yeah, the good guys at BoomArms beat RW to it a while ago so this is old news from that perspective- And they have an exclusive offering of the XM177E2 as well as the m16VN and A1 models :D

Same low prices as WGC, (except the E2 is $245) and I recieved it in two days from HK to Colorado!

http://www.boomarms.com/sc/showcatalog.asp?CategoryLevel=0

Slainte!

-G

SONUVA....

Anyone want to buy a slightly used CA M15a1?

Lol.

Honestly, unless it's imparative to buy the ones with correct trades, I'd still go CA as gettign shipping to the US-of A is expensive as *albatross*.

Anyway, I really wouldn't buy one anyway, so I dont know why im commenting ;)

Lol.

Honestly, unless it's imparative to buy the ones with correct trades, I'd still go CA as gettign shipping to the US-of A is expensive as *albatross*.

Anyway, I really wouldn't buy one anyway, so I dont know why im commenting  ;)

Me either since I said it was $40 bucks to ship to me from Hong Kong to Colorado..... What else of that size and weight can you ship overseas for that amount??

Actually, I need to correct myself- I prefer to be accurate and clear-

I spent $43 dollars, not $40....

However that was to ship the XM177E2 and a CYMA Thompson w/ wood kit.

So yeah, thanks for playing and sharing your "expensive as *albatross* but I would never buy one anyway" thoughts with us.... ;)

j/k :D

Slainte!

-G

Alright Im bored, so here is the external things that are / should be different between the M16 "VN" and M16A1.

M16 "VN"

3 Prong Flash Hider

No Forward Assist

Non Trap-Door Stock (early)

No Fencing

M16A1

Birdcage Flash Hider (the 3 Prong got caught a lot in Vietnams heavy undergrowth)

Trap-Door Stock

Forward Assist

Fencing

What I dont get about CAs M16A1 is that it has a 3 prong flash hider and non trap-door stock but yet it also has a forward assist and fencing.

Alright Im bored, so here is the external things that are / should be different between the M16 "VN" and M16A1.

M16 "VN"

3 Prong Flash Hider

No Forward Assist

Non Trap-Door Stock (early)

No Fencing

M16A1

Birdcage Flash Hider (the 3 Prong got caught a lot in Vietnams heavy undergrowth)

Trap-Door Stock

Forward Assist

Fencing

What I dont get about CAs M16A1 is that it has a 3 prong flash hider and non trap-door stock but yet it also has a forward assist and fencing.

That's close but not quite right. First, the slab side G&P receiver is supposed to be a Model-02. The markings look great on the selector side, but the markings of the ejection port side are wrong. It is also missing a few pin holes.

There are also several differences between the A1 and Model-02, not just the ones you listed (e.g. receiver pins, selector swtich, mag catch, charging handle, etc...all significantly different). There are several design variations of what folks refer to as "three prong" flash hider...early Model-02's used duck bill flash hider not the 3 prong G&P released. The Type-C stock made by G&P for their Model-02 is also not accurate at all. I think all already discussed in detail in this forum.

It's very difficult to make an accurate Model-02 or "M16VN" with what is available now. The G&P receiver and parts are close and I'm happy with it, but not very accurate. Also, I don't believe anyone makes a good XM-177 receiver and parts (E1, E2, or otherwise). The closest I think is Marushin's.

How do we know if this is g&p based? It sounds to me like they put a metal body on a tm and put in a new motor, because I didnt think that g&p uses abs plastic, and it says "A one piece barrel has been installed" which the g&p already has, and "can hold an 8.4v large battery within" which the g&p can hold larger, and the tm can only hold an 8.4(although that doesnt matter as much)

It sounds to me like they put a metal body on a tm and put in a new motor,

So where did the extra 100FPS come from?

because I didnt think that g&p uses abs plastic

G&P handguards are ABS, not sure about grip and stock.

it says "A one piece barrel has been installed" which the g&p already has

It's built from G&P parts, so each bit was "installed".

"can hold an 8.4v large battery within" which the g&p can hold larger, and the tm can only hold an 8.4

G&P needs a custom battery to hold a 9.6v as far as I'm aware. Numerous shops sell custom 9.6v batteries for G&P stocks with an extra cell on the bottom as the stock is too narrow at the body end to take a normal arrangement 9.6v but there is space in the bottom at the trap door end. This is true of other makes of solid stock.

That just means it's an early M-16A1, they had the assist and fencing but the tulip flash hider. You can see pictures of M-16A1's like that in old Vietnam pictures. If I had a scanner I have pic of such a gun in a book. So CA's M-16A1 is perfectly fine as an A1 replica.

Archived