10000 Rpm project

chownsy

No.

Can I ask why you'd want to make a semi-automatic version of a bolt-action rifle?

Buy a Warrior L96 for £50, cobble up a huge mag for it, chop it about a bit and you're there.

does all my projects get trampled on

EDIT the as50 is : The AS50 employs a gas operated semi-automatic action for rapid fire engagement of multiple targets

http://images.military.com/pics/SoldierTech_AS50-4.jpg

does all my projects get trampled on

EDIT the as50 is : The AS50 employs a gas operated semi-automatic action for rapid fire engagement of multiple targets

http://images.military.com/pics/SoldierTech_AS50-4.jpg

Sorry.

In that case I'd suggest you buy an Army L85 and a Warrior L96. Between them they should give you the bones of your rifle.

Honestly mate, While we have crapped on your idea of using multiple aeg it's probably not that hard to get close.

One drunken day at the pub talking ###### at each other, me and some mates came up with the beginning of a concept that isn't really that far off.

The part that is useful to you would be the idea that you would get 3 m4 style aegs (we were thinking ICS at the time) and put two long rods through where the reciever pins would go in all 3 aegs, add spacers to keep them apart. Build yourself a box/frame to hold the rods rigidly and you now have 3 aegs held pretty firmly together.

Modify some motor driven box mags so that they can fit one in each m4 making sure that you can continously load on the fly through a hole of some sort, adjust spacing between m4s as necessary.

Make some kind of enclosure to hold all the this along with the box mag batts and then string the triggers together electronically. Hey presto your original idea is now in the flesh :) Short barrels would have to be used to keep the rof up though.

This would logically work but it'd be horribly expensive and depending on your own artistic skill could end up really really ugly... Hope that helps somewhat.

EDIT: forgot to say, the idea was that you would make an enclosure that you would hold like Terminator held his minigun in T2. Not really something you could shoulder :P

Ohh someones got his knickers in a twist today.

Honestly though, ditch the project, it wont work mate.

All I'm saying is you should stop trashing the guys thread because you're bored ;)

Anything's possible with time, dedication and creativity. Stop being such a pessimist.

All I'm saying is you should stop trashing the guys thread because you're bored ;)

Anything's possible with time, dedication and creativity. Stop being such a pessimist.

:S

now im confused, as50 here i come,this idea is shelved til as50 out of the way

cheers tome, that was another sort of idea in my head just wanted somethink totally different.

if i do decide to make the RC-3BOM (Richard Chowns 3 Barrels Of Madness) ill inform you guys and get help/opinions/pointers

Samm's right you know. If you can't be helpful, don't post. Spamming is just being rude. If you think their idea is impractical or impossible you can always say so without resorting to ridicule.

Best advice: if it's in the technical section, take it seriously.

Anyway, threads pretty much redundant so lockage time.

Archived