G&P M4A1 Marine

The Thief Lord

Hey, I'm probably going to buy the G&P M4A1 from ASGI and I have 2 questions.

1. Is this a reliable gun and is there any known issues (reviews typically cover guns BEFORE issues happen)

2. Is there a way to mount a flashlight (i.e. Surefire) on the part where I'd put my right hand (lefty) just behind the barrel, or will I need to buy an M4 S-System because that part doesn't have rails (it's circular).

You would need an RIS for the light. G&P are great externally but I don't know if I would recommend them because of the internals especially for a first gun. If you don't mind working with it a little then you can make it a great gun but if you want an out of the box reliable gun get the TM or CA.

The only major, common issue with G&P's is the tappet and hop-up (I found that in most cases, just replacing the bucking is sufficient, you don't have to replace the whole unit, but that's just the case with my own G&P hop-up units and those that i see at the field. Also, the tappet was a rumor that I heard about. Every person that i know personally that owns a G&P replaced their tappet, among other parts, right when they got it, so i cannot atest to whether that rumor is false or true. However, there is one person that recently bought a G&P M4 and left it stock besides a new spring, and his tappet is doing fine, but on the other hand, it has seen no more than 10k rounds thru it so far). It costs around $10 to replace the tappet plate with a Systema, and $5 to replace the bucking with a Systema, and you are good to go. Honestly, i'd take a G&P over a CA any day, because I think the G&P will last longer in the long run, even if left stock. Add that to the fact that externally, G&P is hands down the best choice, and i am sold. There will always be people who favor one brand over others, but personally, i dislike CA's because imo, their motor, electrical components, hop-up, and in SOME cases the piston, are below par. Also, if you do happen to get a G&P, be sure to order from a website that specifies that you will receive the gun with a TM EG1000 motor, not a TM EG700 motor or G&P M120 Motor, just because the general consensus is that the EG1000's are better. Just my 2 cents.

Do G&G sell a RIS system, not the free floating ones but one like this http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1868

I'm planning on getting one and want to get a RIS system for it, anyone suggest some decent ones?

Cheers,

J.

EDIT - i think i found one, basically i just like RIS with a standard delta ring, anyone know how hard these are to fit?

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...roduct&id=GP372

Archived