I just got hold of a JLS FN2000 to review. The gun is rated at 350 fps (too hot for the UK), but let's just say after chrono'ing it, it's shooting hotter than that. The gun is pretty solid for a clone, and the internals are good, but need a bit of a tweak here and there if your looking for a long term AEG.

check out the full review by clicking here.

to be honest i found stealths review to be much better for helping decide on the gun, since it went in depth on potential problems and was critical of the stylings of the gun against the original aswell, however it is nice to see someone sticking up for it a little more and to hear a few more positive comments about it

oh and

The gun is pretty solid for a clone,

i do wish people would stop lumping JLS in with the CLone companys since both their SCAR and F2000 were not clones, but original guns, made in China

Edited by Bengali
SCAR was ripped off from an early prototype of CA

Back this up or it's not true. How would JLS come into possession of a CA prototype to clone it?

Anyways, good review, though I agree that it would be nice to have gone into detail about problems. Interesting note that it's a V6 gearbox. Maybe we'll see a JLS P90 soon.

Looked like a v6 to me (pics of the JLS FN2000 gearbox)

post-14854-1185574386_thumb.jpg

These pics haven't been edited, so I hope they look okay (camera is dying on me)

post-14854-1185574484_thumb.jpg

Someone please confirm

Edited by infected
Don't know how (but still, they're both based in China), DarkLite mentioned that when both CA and JLS SCAR came out first, a month apart or so.

Fixed for accuracy

if JLS Cloned a CA Prototype, which i dont believe for a second, CA are really going down hill these days as in reality the JLS is actually nothing like the scar, it has a G36 style shell deflector/stoch catch for a start, i cant imagine CA making such a poor replica even as a prototype

JLS is just a SCARish upper on a standard m4 lower, CA is a very through replica of the SCAR.

Anyway, nice review infected, added your feed incase you do anything else :)

Hardly "Standard M4 lower, if it was then Metal M4 lowers would fit. it doesnt raise up at the back to attach the stock like the M4 bodies

Okay, so I got around to it last night and this morning. Here's the review of the gearbox alone:

http://infectedairsoft.wordpress.com/tech-...ox-disassembly/

In hindsight, I wish I had taken more pictures, but the camera wasn't cooperating (as it's dying slowly). I hope the disassembly instructions make sense too.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a bit of a necro-thread, but anyone managed to upgrade the stock mech any higher than 400fps?

I did see the F2000 mod thread in ASR but most people did not upgrade the stock mech as some people have already had theirs broken, and there was a V3 transplant into the F2000 body.

I just got my hands on a 2nd hand F2000 and was wondering what I can push it up to without breaking.

Ok, well I guess I am the adventurous one. I slapped in what I thought was an M120 in last night, and modified the hop unit, and had it shooting at a whopping 425fps.

Its got good range, but actual accuracy is pretty horrible (even with barrel and hop cleaned from excess grease).

Yes the motor is *suitcase*, running mine on a lipo atm. I will look to a cheap EG1000R in the future if the mechbox doesn't explode :)

• 7 months later...