Now I myself am not from Taiwan, but I am of Taiwanese descent, so I'm curious as to why it isn't listed on the table of countries to choose from in the profile options. Is its political status too ambiguous? Shall we call it the Republic of China, or Chinese Taipei? I think it should be added to the list, personally, so that people from Taiwan can identify themselves from the island.

Just a thought.

Oh Jesus.

Basicaly the Taiwanese lost the civil war. The PRC, which contained about 30 times the population of Taiwan basicaly created a one China policy. Effectively you recognise one or the other, if you recognise the ROC as a nation the PRC will sever relations with that country. Because of this Taiwan was booted from the UN and officialy ceased to exist as a country. As such, it probably was not on the country list that Arnie lifted into the database.

However, I doubt the PRC will emplace a trade embargo on Arnies Airsoft if we add it.

It could have a direct impact on Darklite and Billymak in HK - they could be randomly dragged off to a people's correctional facility!

More importantly, there's no point debating this - Arnie is a very busy chap and I suspect modifying a database he sourced from elsewhere because a handful of members want an extra country adding is going to be very far from the top of his list of priorities. :)

• 2 weeks later...

There are quite a few countries in the area where Yugoslavia was. The present-day countries created from the former parts of Yugoslavia are:

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Croatia

Montenegro

Republic of Macedonia (aka. FYROM, Former Yugoslavia Republic Of Macedonia)

Serbia

Slovenia

Some sources may still mention "Serbia & Montenegro" together, but they have been independent separately since June 2006.

-Sale

I agree that ideally they should be changed. Again it comes down to how much free time Arnie has and whether an updated country database has been released (I assume so). If not then obviously Arnie has better things to do than manually add individual states and their respective flags. :)

There are quite a few countries in the area where Yugoslavia was. The present-day countries created from the former parts of Yugoslavia are:

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Croatia

Montenegro

Republic of Macedonia (aka. FYROM, Former Yugoslavia Republic Of Macedonia)

Serbia

Slovenia

Some sources may still mention "Serbia & Montenegro" together, but they have been independent separately since June 2006.

-Sale

Yes, I'm well aware of that, but last I checked we already had all but Serbia and Montenegro (and those should be separate, which is why I didn't use an ampersand).