KSC M1911 Problems

M14

I have a KSC M1911 (Full Metal Version) with a recoil spring (forgot which) and its having lots of problems. When I use green gas and .20 BBs sometimes it will only shoot the BB about 30 feet and at very low FPS. Maybe as low as 150. I can usually fix problems myself but I have no idea what going on. I checked everything. The wierd thing is that sometimes it will shoot perfectly and then go back to being worse than a spring gun. I am not in the greatest mood right now because I broke the flash hider on my G&G M14 (I bent it and it was shooting to the left and it broke off when I tried to fix it), the M1911 isnt working, and tomorrow I have to go to work at 7:00 when I just got back from 12 hours of airsoft at 12:30 PM and am exteremely tired. I dont want to even touch the gun right now because my fustration will probably lead me to break the gun even worse. I am starting to think the recoil spring may be the problem but I cant find the original spring right now. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Speaking as someone not knowledgeable of your particular gun, but of many others in KSCs line (they all use the same blowback concept), I would suggest checking the nozzle, You'll notice that it is actually like two tubes, one sleeved in the other. The inner tube should move in and out of the outer very smoothly on a light spring, it should normally rest poking out of the outer a few mm. If this is not moving freely, or the inner tube is in fact stuck inside, flush with the outer, then this is the problem.

You can try freeing it with silicone, but if that doesn't work then an o-ring may have jumped off. If you have any persons local to you knowledgeable of KSC blowback guns then I suggest taking it to them. I can only give you a very generic guide to taking the blowback unit apart as I have not worked on your specific model.

The recoil spring would have no effect on this part of the firing cycle, logic dictates that it has to be something happening before the gun starts to recoil.

Archived