Star/Ares AW338/DSR-1/CheyTac

aswaffield

well i received mine this morning minus the scope forgot to pack it but im using mine of my maruzen l96 so heres a few pics to drool over , few comments this gun is heavy and def need a sling also the mag release slight touch and mag will fall as this is heavy on its own i took a few shots with the gun after zeroin the scope so from 90 feet you will see what the grouping is like on the pic sorry for the home made target need to print more off the net with with without further adoo here she is

aw338015.jpg

aw338014.jpg

aw338011.jpg

aw338008.jpg

aw338007.jpg

aw338006.jpg

aw338005.jpg

aw338004.jpg

aw338003.jpg

aw338002.jpg

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
have to say i was sitting down resting gun on knee and using .20g bb`s for the target pratice so there was swaying aswell

TBH, that comment was only half serious.

It's definately decent enough and you might find it is better at longer ranges using heavier ammo.

Be interesting to run it through a chrono and see what how consistant it is for power.

Very nice indeed although im not sure on the colour of the flashhider, but at least you get one with this model.

You seem to be the only person on the planet with one of these, i hope your going to do a proper review!

Any ideas on the actual FPS? can this be adjusted?

How many shots did you fire at the target? any complete misses?

But i would expect far better accuracy for around 30m!

Very nice indeed although im not sure on the colour of the flashhider, but at least you get one with this model.

You seem to be the only person on the planet with one of these, i hope your going to do a proper review!

hi m8 the flashider is not really that colour the flash on the cam seems to made it lighter but its a fraction of diffenece from the barrel

No one answered him! lol, I'm also interested in fps, and if it has some type of flow regulator. Personally I'd stick a silencer on it, I bet a foam filled one will make it deadly quiet.

No one answered him! lol, I'm also interested in fps, and if it has some type of flow regulator. Personally I'd stick a silencer on it, I bet a foam filled one will make it deadly quiet.

judging what my maruzen l96 can hit and its shooting tad under six the star aw338 is falling about 4 to 5 meters short of it , i`ll have to wait to get it chrono`d i will be trying different gas to get the best results as state on stars web site using top gas it was appox 520 to 580 but star have say only use 134a gas which brings it down to 380 i do see star have made a high flow regulator but i dont know if my mag has already got this one and is selling as spares but watch this space

500 quid = $1,014  :mellow:

Didn't Star's website say "recommended price $645"?

It does but we have a quaint habit here in the UK of getting shafted with tax; in this case VAT which accounts for 14.9% of retail price, in this case about $150.00.

I've bought quite a lot from Z1 and they are normally very competitive except this time they don't need to compete with anybody. :rolleyes:

It does but we have a quaint habit here in the UK of getting shafted with tax; in this case VAT which accounts for 14.9% of retail price, in this case about $150.00.

I've bought quite a lot from Z1 and they are normally very competitive except this time they don't need to compete with anybody. :rolleyes:

Eh?

Last time I checked, VAT in the UK was 17.5%.

Beyond that, the RRP is exactly that. It's the price that a manufacturer recommends an item is sold for.

That takes local taxes and profit margins into account already.

Geez, guys. Try and think back to what Z1 did when the Star L85 came out. :rolleyes:

A question for any owners - do you think you could drill, tap and die the bottom of the mag?

Is it so that the outer metal of the mag is also the metal wall for the gas chamber or is there a seperate gas chamber inside the mag?

I am asking this to know if this rifle could be made to shoot on HPA or CO2 with tap and die system!

Any field action with this baby already?

Bjorn

Is there really any need for HPA with a sniper rifle?

It's not like you should be shooting fast enough to cause cool-down, is it?

Beyond that, you're going to be spending a lot of time prone and a hose hanging out the bottom of the mag is going to be a PITA in that position IMO.

Archived