Star/Ares AW338/DSR-1/CheyTac

aswaffield

Looks nice and I'm sure it has potential. I'd say it's too early to draw conclusions either way, whether it beats the competition or not.

Just gotta make up my mind which downside I want. I might still end up with a spring sniper rifle.

-Sale

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i tried .36 in her today and the shots seemed weak i think .29 or .3 `s are the bbs for this gun so ive ordered some also got the real ai sling for her today from sporting services 42 quid a must for this gun and you will get tired of carrying it taking her out for her first skirmish tomorrow but also bringing my maruzen l96 for backup

maruzen l96 and star aw338

aw338024.jpg

aw338023.jpg

hey aswaffield could you take some more photos please??? I'd like to see the whole gun, though I understand long rifles are hard to take pics, but try your best please.

btw, I think it looks better if you use the original M3 (unless you have the AI scope.. uh.. I'm making myself wanna get 1..)

well i took the whole gun to pieces and as i do with all my guns to see how they are constructed , the outter barrel is solid and the inner barrel slides down it so need for barrel spacers but what i have noticed is there is a slight play with the inner barrel so i put tape around inner barrel 6 inches apart and now she sits firm in the outter barrel . must say the outter barrel is heavy like an iron bar . i took her out for her first skirmish on saturday weather was good and so what the gun i remember one guy staring at me must of froze and delay of words coming out of his mouth went like holy fcuk what is that and this was from a guy carrying a tanaka acis . the sweat was flyin out of me this is one brute to carry . ive just purchased .30s and so far they are excellent with gun

http://www.airsoftireland.com/gallery/disp...lbum=521&pos=29

mmm i really want one. I had an M700 AICS with a full HPA kit and got kills out to 100m with .29g Super Grand Masters... but the rifle had variable performance. A lot of the times it was dead on, other times the bb would almost spiral through the air... eeek

Down here in NZ it gets VERY cold during the winter and the gasses just do not have the performance in that weather (case in point, an M1 Carbine was shooting 5m with a full mag of propane).

I better start saving now if i want to buy the AW-338... it's damn sexy

You can't really compare this to the Maurzen can you? Anyone who has held an AICS and the Maurzen L96 (Yes, I know they're a different rifle) will tell you the differance is immesurable.

If this feels like the AICS, the ONLY reason to buy the Maurzen would be a more reliant spring system. And even then it's nowhere near as fun as a gas gun. Unless you like an oversize right arm :P

If you can get this shooting consistently, it's a winner. The Maurzen wouldn't even be in the running.

Disclaimer: May be based on opinion and not actual fact. Guns down boys.

You can't really compare this to the Maurzen can you? Anyone who has held an AICS and the Maurzen L96 (Yes, I know they're a different rifle) will tell you the differance is immesurable.

If this feels like the AICS, the ONLY reason to buy the Maurzen would be a more reliant spring system. And even then it's nowhere near as fun as a gas gun. Unless you like an oversize right arm :P

If you can get this shooting consistently, it's a winner. The Maurzen wouldn't even be in the running.

Disclaimer: May be based on opinion and not actual fact. Guns down boys.

How can you say that about the maruzen , ok the aics looks a little nicer but performance is where is counts my L96 is not audiable at 5 metres and has many confirmed kills to 75-even 85 metres first time shots to , id like to see any aics do that first time every time , (and i can say that after pouring £100 in to my aics )

Gas for me just does not cut it unless Star have something very very good in there .338

Accuraccy is the key not looks or am i barking up the wrong sniper tree here

Use whatever works best and is best value for money ;) .

The STAR would have to be great accuracy to be worth the cash. A higher price and weight needs to be worth it somehow, or it is just a downside when it comes to the practicality of that system.

I agree with docs90 :

Accuraccy is the key not looks

Leave the "fashion parade" for the quarry while you do all you can to not get noticed.

Thats my opinion anyway. I will state I have no experience of the STAR rifle and in no way am being judgemental or negative about it. I guess I would like to see more data on the guns performance.

Good Hunting ;)

right more pics, This is the scope that you get with the gun and the mount that you get with the rifle will suit 20mm and 25 mm scopes the scope in the previous pics is of my maruzen l96 as my scope wasnt packed and posted when i ordered it but have my hands on it now !!

aw338032.jpg

aw338031.jpg

aw338030.jpg

aw338029.jpg

aw338028.jpg

aw338027.jpg

aw338026.jpg

aw338025.jpg

right took the gun out my mums back garden in the pissing rain lenght of garden is 117 feet long so i was shooting at 110 feet had to hide under the patio umber do-dal to keep dry

using .30 and using ultrair power gas (summer gas) i acheived this with the new scope

aw338-1.jpg

Archived